Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 12:17 PM
Kobold

Default Make raids 4 party only (24ppl)!

This would do wonders to the raid scene. Its not classic,(was done in eq2) but its simple action which would make raiding more challenging and grp organizing, tactics and balancing more fun. Biggest guilds couldn't just jerk the mob down. Would need to actually have the right people online and select 24 from them to be able to do the job.

Overkills aren't fun.

I don't know is there any raid mob that actually is not doable with 24 people...tell me if im wrong.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:24 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Not classic.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Guilds are bigger than 24 people, wheres the fun if you're whole guild can't come out for a target?

Skarry 60 Assassin | Kumack 60 Oracle | Gyrgol 60 Oracle | Eregion 54 Illusionist
Old 08-24-2013, 12:29 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyanideGas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guilds are bigger than 24 people, wheres the fun if you're whole guild can't come out for a target?
People have to wait for their turn, INSIDE the guild also.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikku82 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This would do wonders to the raid scene. Its not classic,(was done in eq2) but its simple action which would make raiding more challenging and grp organizing, tactics and balancing more fun. Biggest guilds couldn't just jerk the mob down. Would need to actually have the right people online and select 24 from them to be able to do the job.

Overkills aren't fun.

I don't know is there any raid mob that actually is not doable with 24 people...tell me if im wrong.
That would not fix anything.

There is no problem, its EQ.

People want EQ to be World of Warcraft, its not. There are enough people and competent people to kill any raid mob without TMO on this server. It's only a question of wanting to be at the spawn first.

I've seen FE moblize forces quick and beat TMO to a couple spawn and sometimes getting pretty impressive kill shot with limited numbers. People are there, skill is there, just need to have the will to mobilize.

You have BDA, Taken, Divinity, FE, IB, Full Circle, A-Team, etc. I am sorry if i miss any guilds but all those gulds have good players. You would be surpise the number of time we get to targets and no one else shows. Only FE seem to be actively going for some pops. And thats ok, we are not all playing for that reason. Only thing i would encourage you to do is to apply to a guild that suits your needs.

Anyway, it's everquest.
Concentrate on having fun, raid in here isnt particularly interesting !
Old 08-24-2013, 12:31 PM
Sarnak

Lol at retarded threads like this not only for the non-classicness of it but it would require instances customized to enforce such rules. Otherwise you'd have tmo1,2,3 and just engage content anyways
Old 08-24-2013, 12:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That would not fix anything.

There is no problem, its EQ.

People want EQ to be World of Warcraft, its not. There are enough people and competent people to kill any raid mob without TMO on this server. It's only a question of wanting to be at the spawn first.

I've seen FE moblize forces quick and beat TMO to a couple spawn and sometimes getting pretty impressive kill shot with limited numbers. People are there, skill is there, just need to have the will to mobilize.

You have BDA, Taken, Divinity, FE, IB, Full Circle, A-Team, etc. I am sorry if i miss any guilds but all those gulds have good players. You would be surpise the number of time we get to targets and no one else shows. Only FE seem to be actively going for some pops. And thats ok, we are not all playing for that reason. Only thing i would encourage you to do is to apply to a guild that suits your needs.

Anyway, it's everquest.
Concentrate on having fun, raid in here isnt particularly interesting !
Nobody likes WoW here. They only had 24 people max raids in everquest II also. I don't see why it wouldn't work here too. But yah..just chattin for the sake of Saturday evening with few beers..apologize me
Old 08-24-2013, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People are there, skill is there, just need to have the will to mobilize.
It's not the will to mobilize (well, at 3AM it is lol) but the will to track. 10 targets, 48 hours each on average, is 500 hours a week of sitting in front of the computer. If Sirken decided to broadcast to the server when raid mobs popped, way more guilds would try for them. It would be a cluster fuck tbh.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 08-24-2013, 03:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not the will to mobilize (well, at 3AM it is lol) but the will to track. 10 targets, 48 hours each on average, is 500 hours a week of sitting in front of the computer. If Sirken decided to broadcast to the server when raid mobs popped, way more guilds would try for them. It would be a cluster fuck tbh.
Yeah will to track is a big part of raid opportunity indeed, also will to go park a toon somewhere instead of farming items with him during a whole spawn window etc.

Someone said it earlier but with raid limited to 24 people it would still be easier for guilds that have players with multiple alts of many class to get a team fast at anytime of the day so i dont think it would help smaller guild at all.

Main point is, if people really wanted to do it, they could. All the right ingredients are available. Just is easier to speak about why we dont do it on a forum than to just do it in game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-24-2013, 04:02 PM
Kobold

Worst idea ever.
Closed Thread