Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 08:02 PM
VIP / Contributor

thread linked to Rogean in IRC.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:09 PM
Fire Giant

Since Nilbog made it clear that the red server is Rogeans domain, I then direct my other post to Rogean instead:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr0llb0rn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let me remind all the people talking about how the "box has failed". JUST last week the server had a series of conflicts that many on all sides described as the best pvp since the server opened.

Please refer to this thread that contains multiple pvp videos within as proof:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=75206

This was not in some "golden age" of pvp back in January or whatever, this was LAST WEEK.

This proves that the server has what it takes to be that classic red server everyone always wanted, its 100 percent in the playerbases hands to make that happen.

To Rogean: in classic red everquest, the best pvp has always been over contested content. The problem right now is a lack of content for MANY former players. They have full fear gear, they have full hate gear, they have farmed every valuable item from lower guk and solB 10 times over. They have leveled their main to max level, they have leveld alts to max level.

In short, they have "consumed" the content. And then just logging in to play zone plug wars or what amounts to meaningless pvp (pvp that does not have content control as a goal) gets old fast.

The remedy to this situation is: ramp up the "accelerated timeline". The pepole need content to control, which leads to pvp, which leads to what we saw last week in the above link, but on a far larger scale as all those maxed out 50's log back in to consume and fight over the new content.

This is the true situation with the server, but luckily its very easy to fix.

RELEASE THE CONTENT..and let the war begin anew.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thread linked to Rogean in IRC.
as always Sirks comes through =D

thanks pal even if this goes nowhere you did something lol
Old 06-03-2012, 08:10 PM
Banned

mellow content is obviously the lifeblood for the game but the server just aint ready for it yet. gotta bind the wounds
Old 06-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
mellow content is obviously the lifeblood for the game but the server just aint ready for it yet. gotta bind the wounds
NO one is comming back to farm some more lower guk.

Release the content.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr0llb0rn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NO one is comming back to farm some more lower guk.

Release the content.
Your opinion is noted thank you for participating in polite discussion.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
heh, that aint mellow.

To say a server that has hundreds of inactive 40s-50s isn't ready for new content during post legacy classic is a complete joke. I'm sorry, nothing will bring back people during this era, not even instant 50s would sustain population, which is obvious because those who are 50 don't even log on since the removal of legacy. No competition left outside of planes. No progress bars to fill, no new stuff to get, nothing else to pvp over, only the monotony of planes which is an impossibility for a lot of people.

Keep kidding yourselves though and thinking there is a way to bring back people to a game that revolves around content and personal player progression without content and anything to progress the average player.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
heh, that aint mellow.

To say a server that has hundreds of inactive 40s-50s isn't ready for new content during post legacy classic is a complete joke. I'm sorry, nothing will bring back people during this era, not even instant 50s would sustain population, which is obvious because those who are 50 don't even log on since the removal of legacy. No competition left outside of planes. No progress bars to fill, no new stuff to get, nothing else to pvp over, only the monotony of planes which is an impossibility for a lot of people.

Keep kidding yourselves though and thinking there is a way to bring back people to a game that revolves around content and personal player progression without content and anything to progress the average player.
trying to stay civil here but you do realize this is a pvp server right? if you don't enjoy pvp as the main mechanic of game interaction than you should probs go blewww
Old 06-03-2012, 08:51 PM
Planar Protector

For the 1000th time, the only people clamoring for new content are the nihilum members who are semi-retired. The release of new content without other fixes will further kill this server and make it officially a solo guild blue 2.0, which it kinda already is. How do we create more competition and PVP on this server? There needs to be more people to recruit, which can only happen with new blood and the return of former players. That will require a significant boost to EXP, as well as a more complete fix to resists. If damage spells will remain "custom" at least fix chanter mez and stuns to be the way they were in classic, almost impossible to land after a a minimal amount of MR gear. Only this can possibly have any chance of bringing back non-nihilum members and breathing life into this server.

Edit: To put it a bit more simply. Because nihilum is so large, and because there is no one else to really recruit at this point, the other remaining guild at the top, FF, just loses more and more desire to log in. Why log in knowing that 90% of the time you will be outnumbered 2-1? Sure, last week after playing dirty we were finally able to get even numbers around midnight when Nihilum members had to begin to log, but playing gurilla warfare until midnight on weekdays isn't a strat that can support itself long-term. The server has set itself up for a zerg guild which burns out all other players and either forces them to quit or join. Can't have sustainable pvp competition like that.
Last edited by heartbrand; 06-03-2012 at 09:04 PM..
Old 06-03-2012, 08:56 PM
Kobold

New people are starting and playing. In addition to myself, I met 3-4 others just this past week that had just started. I know that's not a huge influx by any means but it's at least an indication that people are interested.

So I guess the question is, how do you capitalize on that interest?

Exp bonus? Maybe
More dev updates, even if it's just "x is being worked on, though slowly, and blah blah blah" -- just some type of communication from the powers that be.
Nice(r) higher level peeps? I don't know that this is an issue, almost every single person I've encountered has been wonderful

Hmm what else?