Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 02:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unable to raid due to the detestable atmosphere.
Has it really gotten that bad?
Old 04-12-2017, 07:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has it really gotten that bad?

Hasn't it always been that bad?

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 04-12-2017, 11:29 AM
Sarnak

Its a gateway game for sure.
Chillout - Enc
Worlds - War
Old 04-12-2017, 12:37 PM
Fire Giant

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont know how you guys can stand the grind in EQ. I leveled one character, but Im unable to level more, it feels so tedious and unhealthy. Now Im only doing fun dungeon crawls with small groups, solo challenge targets, things like that. Unable to do serious quests like epics. Unable to raid due to the detestable atmosphere. Im not addicted cause I never touched pixels and thats probably key.
very good post. it a bit glum, but message is good: priorities define addiction. if you lust for pixels, then you gonna chase them and when you struggle to secure you pixels, you gonna be a nasty person because you be mad without you pixels.

DONT CHASE PIXELS!!!
Old 04-12-2017, 12:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't encourage him
Old 04-12-2017, 04:30 PM
Fire Giant

I want to add something, cause this is of course a serious issue. I guess EQ addiction has something to do with how we think the game... lets talk about the core base of EQ mechanics : XP. how can you guys stand leveling grind, even in a group ? 99% of the time groups are static, we sit in boring ass zones like Karnor wait for the puller to single, rince repeat and no one is even talking. I know what people do, they stare at their XP bar as if its the end goal, most of us want to level as fast as they can, so they maximize Xp flow . Lol, not my definition of EQ. I cant stay more than 1 hour in groups like these. Most of the time I end up thinking this game sucks if we have to endure grouping for pure XP. Dungeons crawls are inexistant, because people dont want to risk loosing a fraction of their precious XP. And when w're talking about pixels (raids apart) people have to camp for hours on end (ever saw that necro in Kaesora did 80+ hours for a fear staff?) my god. This is mental disorder for sure.
For those who are in trouble with their playing habits, maybe its time to ask yourself why you play and how. Are you having real fun here, do you feel adrenaline rushes when you go for hunting ? Does the pixel really enhance your play style ? Etc..
Old 04-12-2017, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

its too late for you - give it a few years you will be peeing in bottles and pooping in socks to get pixels like the rest of them. Godspeed
Old 04-12-2017, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its too late for you - give it a few years you will be peeing in bottles and pooping in socks to get pixels like the rest of them. Godspeed
http://www.gucomics.com/20000901
Old 04-12-2017, 10:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's always been bad, I just think it didn't used to suck the more casual guilds into the same mentality.
Closed Thread