Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 08:11 PM
Developer

The default one would be fine. I wish I had something from the original EQ though. I just want to confirm that the female plate helm does not use transparency.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:55 PM
Planar Protector

Ok, I reverted my file (from your patch) to using the original global_chr s3d file. That should render things back to as-installed, unless your patch changed more than just the noted file. The human male was back to his broken, "Robocop" form though! All three of the following pictures were taken on the same PC within the span of a few minutes.

Human male (shown as indication that "visor bug" is in effect:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Human female front:

Human female back:

Hope this helps. Based on the designs, the back of the female helm appears to be using texture space from what appears on the front of the male helm.

Danth
Old 06-13-2010, 12:12 AM
Developer

I've reuploaded the patch and added some additional information from my research. There is also an added fix for the eye of zomm.

See my updated post here:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...1&postcount=22

If you installed the previous patch you must either restore your original global_chr.s3d from a backup or reinstall the Titanium client. Sorry for this but I did not have the foresight to add a backup routine to the previous patch. This new patch and all future patches will preserve the original for you.

Thanks to Danth for his pictures of the female plate helm.

If any of you appreciate this fix and are feeling really generous, my character Thimbledorn would love to own a manastone. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Ropethunder; 06-13-2010 at 12:47 AM..
Old 07-28-2010, 06:59 AM
Planar Protector

A+++ work, adding this to the F.A.Q.

is there any chance something similar can be done for wolf/skeleton models?
Old 07-28-2010, 06:32 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrocat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A+++ work, adding this to the F.A.Q.

is there any chance something similar can be done for wolf/skeleton models?
We have a complete working fix for wolves (regular and spirit wolves). Have had it since January... We just haven't moved forward in releasing it.

The issue with skeletons is indeed based off of these files. The reason they have a black face/pelvis is that the client attempts to map the Luclin textures onto the classic model.

We actually discovered a full fix at one point (fixing skeletons and wolves) but a texture/object in one of the files disabled caused it to be completely impossible to zone into Feerrott (caused your client to crash). So that is where we stand with restoring skeletons and wolves.

Wolves can honestly be fixed now (and have been fixable) but one of the problems is that it causes the wolves to animate somewhat slowly and they appear to "glide" along the ground. Their battle animation works great though.

Pyro if you are interested in trying out wolves for yourself (local fix) I can give you the instructions to do it. Although your wolves will appear extremely small until/if a fix server-side is added to change the size of wolves.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:12 PM
Developer

I will look into this but considering the current research mentioned by Wenai, it may not be possible.

I have a few theories I want to try so we'll see.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:01 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropethunder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Transparent helm, anyone?

Special thanks to Desmoulins for lending me his helm!

If someone would provide a list of all helms I'll provide a diff patch which should be legal to distribute. Is it just humans and half elves?
Impressive work! Looks like plate-wearing human and half elves will no longer need The Force to live in Norrath.

And Wenai, that is awesome news about the wolf (and eventually skeleton) models.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pyro if you are interested in trying out wolves for yourself (local fix) I can give you the instructions to do it. Although your wolves will appear extremely small until/if a fix server-side is added to change the size of wolves.
I actually have this set up right now, I was curious if there was a way to make them normal sized, which it sounds like there is but it's a server change.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:46 AM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrocat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually have this set up right now, I was curious if there was a way to make them normal sized, which it sounds like there is but it's a server change.
It is indeed a server-side change to correct the size issue.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropethunder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here is the patch to apply the helm fix.

http://3dfolio.com/files/eqc_patch_helm.zip
I have a half elf Bard female and will be checking this out tonight. I'll let you know how it goes and thanks for the hard work!
Closed Thread