Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

This thread won't be complete without Azzar posting 5 paragraph's about how the majority wants Luclin and the devs haven't given a concrete answer "recently" cause timestamps???

These Luclin threads are the rebirth of the old "when is velious coming out" stuff
Old 02-14-2016, 02:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
because we are going straight to planes of power right? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My fav post you ever made
Old 02-14-2016, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

holy shit this is getting so annoying

p99 is ending at velious. no pop, no luclin. deal with it or find a different emu. Underneath the Project 1999 logo on the site it says "classic everquest" under it. Classic EQ ended with cats on the moon, new graphic changes, and fighting fucking aliens instead of goblins and dragons. very drastic differences in the games theme. Yeah, people argue that classic went until luclin or until pop or whatever but logically it makes perfect sense that the game changed DRASTICALLY when luclin came out and only continued to build on that theme with pop onward.

p99 is classic eq, classic. not this alien killing, cat characters, moon landing, pok booking, bazaar marketing bullshit.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 02-14-2016, 04:27 PM
Large Rat

fighting aliens? the hell you talkin about, LUCLIN WAS THE BEST EXPANSION, I HATED THE BAZAAR THOUGH
Old 02-14-2016, 04:28 PM
Banned

I'm furious about a question being asked twice on a message board
Old 02-14-2016, 04:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic EQ ended with cats on the moon, new graphic changes, and fighting fucking aliens instead of goblins and dragons. very drastic differences in the games theme. Yeah, people argue that classic went until luclin or until pop or whatever but logically it makes perfect sense that the game changed DRASTICALLY when luclin came out and only continued to build on that theme with pop onward.

p99 is classic eq, classic. not this alien killing, cat characters, moon landing, pok booking, bazaar marketing bullshit.
I see this "fact" stated over and over and over ad nauseum. I don't think people understand what subjective means.
Old 02-14-2016, 04:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-14-2016, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I see this "fact" stated over and over and over ad nauseum. I don't think people understand what subjective means.
When I first found p99 what I was pumped up about was that the devs planned to go from classic-velious. it was the vision.

nothing subjective about what the creators of the box had in mind when they built the game. Sure, the players can differ in what they view as classic eq or modern eq but it was pretty clear when I joined what I'd be expecting. Surprises me that people are surprised about no luclin/pop. boggles the mind.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 02-14-2016, 04:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
When I first found p99 what I was pumped up about was that the devs planned to go from classic-velious. it was the vision.

nothing subjective about what the creators of the box had in mind when they built the game. Sure, the players can differ in what they view as classic eq or modern eq but it was pretty clear when I joined what I'd be expecting. Surprises me that people are surprised about no luclin/pop. boggles the mind.
Neither your opinion nor Nilbog/Rogeans about what does and doesn't qualify as "Classic Everquest" matters. What is and isn't Classic is subjective by definition. Obviously Nilbog/Rogean's idea of it is what we see on P99 so that's what we get cause they're in charge. Doesn't make it a fact. Beastlords fighting snakes in Ssra temple is classic as sh*t to me. In a game with 20+ expansions on live I think you can make an argument for more than the first 2 being "Classic"
Old 02-14-2016, 05:22 PM
Fire Giant

I agree that Luclin would be great for this server. More content! It's classic!