Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 11:00 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbravo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last friday, me and 3 friends were...using pathing exploits.
admitted cheater
Quote:
In all honesty, we had no idea a that sitting on a ledge that nullified agro was a pathing exploit.
In all honesty, you sound like a pathological liar.
Quote:
we just thought it was a handy glitch.
naggy/vox suspensions handed out for handy glitches.
Quote:
"Thaid" and "Dukeof" petitioned and got us banned for a week, even thought they themselves were using the same exploit.
sounds like they had a near brush with a suspension and decided to make the right choice and stop abusing game mechanics
Quote:
The GM, "Amelinda" told us that the petitioners mentioned to us that we were exploiting the system, and we "ignored" their warnings.
BS. They sat around quietly trying to block the ledge we were using, petitioning away.
it would appear they didn't do the wrong thing
Quote:
Here's where you're going to say something predictable like, "Just wait it out, retard."
are you retarded? seems like something more in the autism spectrum.
Quote:
I'm not going to call the GM a "Nazi" for suspending us for a week because it's too prosaic.
thanks for using prosaic, last one i needed for buzzword bingo. also, id argue that you are in fact calling her a nazi.
Quote:
I do however feel that a warning would have been much, much more appropriate.
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1057
you were warned
Quote:
he is done with EQ. And, I think I'm done too.
making the world a better place 2 cheaters at a time.
Quote:
Additionally, our new friend to EQ had absolutely nothing to do with the "exploitation" part; he was simply looting what we were killing. It was our fault (Yes, I accept responsibility for what we did) and not his. Why is he banned? Oh, because the GM wouldn't listen. I get it, she's the boss. She can do what she wants. But, with power comes responsibility.
/victim
Quote:
p.s. Don't even come to me with the " it doesn't matter, ignorance doesn't make what you did acceptable." line because it's not even about that; I'm not saying what we did should be acceptable. I'm simply saying the time should fit the crime.
i thought you were quitting? or was that a cry for attention?
Old 02-28-2012, 11:07 AM
Aviak

1) All GM decisions are final.

2) You won't win arguing against GM decisions. If you argue too hard then you'll just be banned. They really do not care.

3) If you don't like it then leave. You aren't required to play here and nobody cares if you do or not.

4) Complaining on the forums won't change anything. The community does not care and it will not change the system. Repeat, the community does not care and would rather see you gone. Deal with it.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

get at me for lessons son.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:57 AM
Sarnak

[09:53:27] <&Rogean> [10:04AM] <Promyvia> We were banned for a weekfor helping our friend out by using an "exploit." Well, WTF do you think youare doing by playing EQ on an illegitimate server in the first place?Exploitation.
[09:53:28] <&Rogean> Oh I guess you're right. We'll just throw out theentire rule set and not enforce anything because that would be hypocritical of us since we run an "Illegitimate" server. How naive of us.
[09:54:19] <Promyvia> (that was a c/p from RnF iffin you didnt know ;x)
[09:54:34] <&Rogean> copy and paste my response then
[09:54:35] <&Rogean> :>
Old 02-28-2012, 11:57 AM
Sarnak

Weird, my IRC nick doesn't want to be c/ped here o_O;
Old 02-28-2012, 12:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by username1337 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1) All GM decisions are final.

2) You won't win arguing against GM decisions. If you argue too hard then you'll just be banned. They really do not care.

3) If you don't like it then leave. You aren't required to play here and nobody cares if you do or not.

4) Complaining on the forums won't change anything. The community does not care and it will not change the system. Repeat, the community does not care and would rather see you gone. Deal with it.
You sir need a warm welcome to p99. This happens and DOES work.
There should be a sticky on the getting started post that you will also need to spend your first earnings in EQ for lessons from Stealin in rule lawyering.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:48 PM
Sarnak

To be fair arguing against GM decisions does work for some people...
Old 02-28-2012, 03:24 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman8810 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Judging by the responses of yourself here and in the other thread, good riddance. Last thing we need is more people like you.
..........what other thread? And every once in awhile it's fun to /b/
Old 02-28-2012, 03:25 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
admitted cheater
In all honesty, you sound like a pathological liar.
naggy/vox suspensions handed out for handy glitches.
sounds like they had a near brush with a suspension and decided to make the right choice and stop abusing game mechanics
it would appear they didn't do the wrong thing

are you retarded? seems like something more in the autism spectrum.
thanks for using prosaic, last one i needed for buzzword bingo. also, id argue that you are in fact calling her a nazi.
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1057
you were warned
making the world a better place 2 cheaters at a time.
/victim
i thought you were quitting? or was that a cry for attention?
You just wasted so much time /b/
Old 02-28-2012, 03:30 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooj [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[09:53:27] <&Rogean> [10:04AM] <Promyvia> We were banned for a weekfor helping our friend out by using an "exploit." Well, WTF do you think youare doing by playing EQ on an illegitimate server in the first place?Exploitation.
[09:53:28] <&Rogean> Oh I guess you're right. We'll just throw out theentire rule set and not enforce anything because that would be hypocritical of us since we run an "Illegitimate" server. How naive of us.
[09:54:19] <Promyvia> (that was a c/p from RnF iffin you didnt know ;x)
[09:54:34] <&Rogean> copy and paste my response then
[09:54:35] <&Rogean> :>
[09:54:35] <Rooj> Yeah, I'm just lonely and it's hard being gay
[09:55:35] <&Rogean> Sorry. I'm still going to have to say no to you though
[09:55:47] <Rooj> Please? I just need a boyfriend ^.^
[09:55:57] <Rooj> omg! the new Taylor swift song is so cute ^.^
Closed Thread