Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Roll is just for turn in (needs tools) / "ownership" of spawned mob, that person can then decide whatever to do with loot including looting, giving, or even destroying if thats what they really want in life.
this is why Scout tools rolling is stupid and doesnt solve the bigger issue with how easy it is to re-acquire tools.
Old 10-05-2017, 02:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Picking a fight with Aikons is not a good idea - he is AM royalty (and he is honestly a really nice guy from my interactions with him)
You're contradicting yourself dude.
Old 10-05-2017, 04:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Picking a fight with Aikons is not a good idea - he is AM royalty (and he is honestly a really nice guy from my interactions with him)
Who is picking a fight? I stated what happened.
Old 10-05-2017, 04:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please show me where this player made agreement has been formalized in writing and isn't just your assumptions and or opinion of how things should be.
Not written anywhere, thats just what people always say before every roll and everyone tends to agree. I mean it makes sense. Otherwise people will just show up with dual BoB's or talismans already and roll to sell loot or roll for their buddies.
Old 10-05-2017, 04:54 PM
Planar Protector

I have never heard this loot locking at all, and it has always been roll for ownership (FTE if you will) of mob as long as you have tools regardless of what you want to do with loot, as in regular FTE rules. Seems weird this one singular mob has so many different rule sets (that have not been written anywhere?)

Dont get me wrong, I love the roll and way better than shitty click fest, but at the same time loot on this shouldnt be some special thing that no one else can loot.
People staying to kill mob is a nice courtesy even if disk is sold, since next time you might win it and not them.

And I have never seen anyone type out whole agreement before roll, its always been "Roll for charisa at XX:YY /random 1000"

Edit note: I have been there for many rolls and never won one, and am not salty in the least if someone won it fairly and decided to sell it
Old 10-05-2017, 04:56 PM
Fire Giant

this is why p99 can't have nice things. Because people like to go and fuck things up.
Valkommen Farval - 57 Epic Human Preserver
Eddey Lizzard - 53 Iksar Champion
Wiliamm Wallace - 49 Epic Barbarian Rogue
Shaman Epic Faction Service
<Europa>
Old 10-05-2017, 05:14 PM
Banned

There's nothing wrong with selling loot rights - it's within the written rules, and it's classic. The best 20k I've spent on this server was paying someone to let me log in for 5 mins, loot disk, and grab a Talisman. The few hours I spent farming stuff to fund this purchase was infinitely more pleasing than standing around clicking at air with 20 other elfs.
Old 10-05-2017, 05:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is why Scout tools rolling is stupid and doesnt solve the bigger issue with how easy it is to re-acquire tools.
The roll stops the click/petiton fest.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 10-05-2017, 06:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The roll stops the click/petiton fest.
Did you ever figure out the mystery of the NPC in Rivervale, sir?
Old 10-05-2017, 07:26 PM
Kobold

Every time I've been at a scout roll off "you win, you loot" was specifically agreed upon beforehand, but I don't stop by it much these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The best 20k I've spent on this server was paying someone to let me log in for 5 mins, loot disk, and grab a Talisman. The few hours I spent farming stuff to fund this purchase was infinitely more pleasing than standing around clicking at air with 20 other elfs.
This a million times over.
Closed Thread