Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 08-20-2021, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Hey I do support people doing the gangsta box, but I also think the next P99 server is going to be PVP based on much evidences.

Plus, its a good place for them to experiment with alternate fixes for "legacy" items while not risking their credibility on the seemingly much more important non PVP servers.

They made red 99 which was a long shot and the entire reason I came to this project, and I don't think they'll disappoint with red 2.0 except the disappointment we all feel every single day that we check this message board and see no updates.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 08-20-2021, 03:00 PM
Fire Giant

I'm hoping once Green finishes up, they do a Red 2.0 edition that will dump into Red 1.0 eventually.

Honestly, the idea of a capped level period (like level 10 for 4 weeks) is thrilling. Bring back Crushbone PVP
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 08-20-2021, 03:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im not gonna deny a big chunk of reds population is toxic. But that is what im trying to explain. They fostered it. I kept saying in forums the first year with a couple of others that xp loss in pvp was killin the pop and funneling the gameplay to you either zerg or you dont pvp, unless youre a masochist. They didnt listen until like half the server was gone. A substancial part of the remaining pop were people who enjoyed griefing.
Hot on the heels of that, Sirken nerfs xp during Kunark. I left and never looked back, at that lack of consideration for players. Of course its their server and they can do whatever the fuck they want, but the same is true for players, devs arent entitled a succesful, populated server. They have to work at it. They didnt, beyond putting a server up and this is the result.
Left and never looked back? You post/visit/use these forums to this day? This is the problem with red players. You guys troll staff in one thread and then cry they do nothing in another.

Honestly do you guys hold any accountability for the way red went?
Old 08-20-2021, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imago [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly, the idea of a capped level period (like level 10 for 4 weeks) is thrilling. Bring back Crushbone PVP
Yeah, to be honest I would play on a level 10 capped server every single day till everyone else quits. Full item loot. Everyone decked out in banded and cloth and low level jacinth garbage MR bracers, elite guys got the tunic from emperor crush tunic from the time 200 level 10's banded together to raid crushbone. :P

It's weird because all the P99 servers seem to really be focused on what shit is happening at level 60, when 80% of everquest population never hit level 50. Thats why it bums me out when we get PVP rulesets that nerf the low level game.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 08-21-2021, 08:04 PM
Fire Giant

Disappointed.

Large race hit radius increased. (Now that I think about it, I don't know any race hit radiuses) But xp penalty removed for all races and classes.

Small race hit radius decreased. Giants vs small.

All chest pieces have at least 1 regen, gradually increasing in quality of item and never exceeding 5, unless Fungi.
Old 08-21-2021, 08:38 PM
Fire Giant

Also disappointed I'm not going to be able to play p99 for a long time. I hope its still around by the time I play.

Heck I'd even take a Luclin only server as my fate, if I can't play p99 for another year plus.
Old 08-21-2021, 10:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Left and never looked back? You post/visit/use these forums to this day? This is the problem with red players. You guys troll staff in one thread and then cry they do nothing in another.

Honestly do you guys hold any accountability for the way red went?
How is anything i said trolling, are you stupid? Ive been giving constructive feedback for a decade, even to this day. I probably put in more hours on the forum trying to give feedback to steer the boat in the right direction than any GMs whove past through here. It is clear that what i meant by never looked back is that ive decided not to invest time playing on a server with such flaky direction. Id play on a new server if they get their shit together. Enjoy that reply because its the last one youre getting, i'll engage with people who are not going to waste my time.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 08-21-2021 at 11:03 PM..
Old 08-21-2021, 10:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raclen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There isn't going to be a new red99. The devs have moved on and don't care about it enough. People need to get over their fixation on a server having to have the p99 stamp on it. Gangsta is doing a good job with RoT and keeping it open source for others to be able to build on it. There is at least a classic pvp server available if people want to play before it is polished and eventually there will be a polished project for anyone to pick up and make their own.
The funny thing about this is im pretty sure everyone would have moved on if there was any MMO worth playing with a modern take on the good MMOs of the past. The fact that we are still here waiting for some miracle is a sad indictment of the state of MMOs today. The only one that comes close is albion and its just that, coming close.
Old 08-21-2021, 11:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, to be honest I would play on a level 10 capped server every single day till everyone else quits. Full item loot. Everyone decked out in banded and cloth and low level jacinth garbage MR bracers, elite guys got the tunic from emperor crush tunic from the time 200 level 10's banded together to raid crushbone. :P

It's weird because all the P99 servers seem to really be focused on what shit is happening at level 60, when 80% of everquest population never hit level 50. Thats why it bums me out when we get PVP rulesets that nerf the low level game.
Thats where the whole thing failed. I remember Rogean laughing off criticism of xp loss in pvp like this isnt CoD. We got a pvp server run by a non-pvper. Its clear he had no idea of what Gfay and crushbone was like on Rallos, how fun it was and how it was the heart of EQ pvp. After devs realised they made a huge mistake, they removed it and afterwards the server just felt abandoned, on maintenance mode. Probably told Sirken do whatever the fuck you want which is what he did, pretty much killing what was left of the server.
Old 08-23-2021, 11:13 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imago [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bring back Crushbone PVP
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]