Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 01:11 PM
Large Bat

Default Factions locked?

Are factions locked in on this server? E.G. Evil will always be evil?. Not having any luck anywhere. It starts out ok,although much slower than classic, but then freezes at glares. Tried Janam and Rebby 4x normal (classic eq) and 2x for minotaurs for steamfont warrior faction and it just wont go to non-KOS.

Saw an iksar and troll in Freeport, but didn't have time to check level, maybe they were just so high the guards wouldn't attack. If there is no hope, just as soon reroll and be really evil if I have to be, but really prefer playing an Ogre, a good one and having access to many more quests.

Not as into dungeons, raiding, etc as I only have so much time to play, and even then am a casual player. Factioning was my big joy in the original EQ until they screwed up the game in the name of graphics. If anybody has successfully gotten evil races into the good cities please let me know (you don't even have to say HOW, long as I know its possible its good enough).
Old 05-24-2011, 01:12 PM
Sarnak

I don't have specific info, but I've heard a lot of talk to support the argument that evil races can infact improve their faction enough to get into good places.
Gakruk - Troll Shaman
Old 05-24-2011, 03:33 PM
Sarnak

Yessir. It's taken me approximately ONE BILLION orc scalps (around 100 so far) and tons of orc farming in HK and EC to get to dubious from KoS with humans in High Pass Hold.

I had to have a chanter charm Ashlan so I could do the turn ins, but it's worked so far. Another million more orc scalps and I should be all set...

I'm a Dark Elf Cleric of Innoruuk.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

Religion will greatly effect your results.

Anything that works for an agnostic evil race will not necessarily work if you worship an evil deity, or at the very least you can expect MUCH more faction work and the greatest faction you can ever achieve will be considerably lower.

This is especially pertinent to clerics, SKs, necros and shaman as those classes all have a deity requirement. In other words you don't have the choice of going agnostic.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

3 nights of constant pulls in CB will get you from scowl to warmly with the guards in Kelethin/Felwithe - its possible to turn good, but with so many factions that aren't raised it still makes cities tricky (still can't go near the bard guild, banker or ranger/druid guilds in Kelethin for instance).
Old 05-24-2011, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

And honestly, those factions become relatively worthless in Kunark and Velious. It's a game flaw of EQ, but one you should be aware of nonetheless.

Your time is probably best spent elsewhere unless you REALLY value being able to bank in wherever you're trying to increase faction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:43 PM
Aviak

If you're playing a non-evil race with an evil deity or an evil race as agnostic (or possibly rallos zek), then it might be worth your while to try to improve your faction. But as an evil race with an evil deity, it would take so much work that you're probably better off doing something else with your time.
Luclin Server
Old 05-24-2011, 08:44 PM
Orc

It hasn't taken me that much time to get non kos(ranging from dubious to warmly) with the vendors and guards in neriak, freeport (both north and east/west), High Hold, and Qeynos. Took about 3 hours of killing orcs in HHP, an hour of orc killing in WC, and 2 hours of gnoll killing in Blackburrow. I did the Janam and Rebby quest about 50 times, handed 50pp in gold to a bard in EFP, and handed in 16 stacks of wine in Neriak. The only place I have to worry about are caster guilds in all 3 cities but the priest and melee class guilds, vendors, guards, and bankers are all friendly. 42 Iksar monk worshipping cazic thule (as required).
Old 05-25-2011, 05:58 AM
Sarnak

going to throw this out there:

I'm a Quellious Monk.

After at least 7k bone chips (could be upwards of 7.5k) I am Kindly to the Troopers of Cabilis, but KoS to monks, SK's, etc.

Is it possible?

Quote from Monkly-business.net, circa 2-19-2002
http://www.monkly-business.net/forum...?t=8274&page=2
:

Quote: "why would there be uprising if this is better then our epic? granted one side can get it easier then the other, but thats the same as human monks have over a year extra tiem to lvl then iksars did."

How the hell is that the same thing at all? Barely a handfull of monks who played pre-kunark are still around on each server. On Xegony, it'd be a stretch for me to find 10 active pre-kunark monks still playing their monks. So, that's hardly some kind of un-balancing issue. And considering it's only taken people two months to get their Vah Shir to level 60, two years should be enough that you can stop griping about the extra time humans have had.

And now, as a Quellian Monk, I have to spend the next three weeks farming 8000+ bone chips? It isn't about the shackles really, either... it's that we're blocked from participating in the discovery of the best new quest around. This quest will be history on the spoiler page before more than one or two monks have a chance to raise their faction high enough. They put a whole seperate side of quests for Iksar to obtain the RoLC and whatnot... why can't they do the same for Humans in return?

I mean, Iksars never have to go visit Puab Closk, do they? ;p (Even though FP faction is sickeningly easy to raise, it'd be a pain in the butt.)
I realize that this post proves that the Fists were not implemented until way later (along with several other posts from the website), but they claim 8000+ bone chips as necessary. Other places I have read 9000+ for Quellious monks. Either way i'm around 7.5k chips and still KoS with the monk guild. I'm going to keep going until I find it completely impossible I guess, if even so.

Server first Golden Sash of WTFPWN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Unlike modern life, natural selection is alive and well on p99. Adapt or die.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:35 AM
Large Bat

Thanks all. At least there is hope. I played classic EQ and faction work is what I enjoyed. Didn't give a flying flip about exp, phat lewts, dps or anything else. (other than I liked to get exp so I could do more faction work and what few quests there are).

I worship Rallos Zek, which although he is very violent, is not really considered "evil", as Barbarians also worship him and can go where they want. In old EQ, I was able to go into MOST parts of almost every city (with a few hot spots, the Quellious monks in Erudian were just stubborn). I was friendly with both unicorns in Lesser Faydark, and could enter the Plane of Growth and not be instantly attacked. Then they screwed EQ royally in the name of stop motion graphics and crappy frame rates and made Freeport KOS again with roving bands of Priests of Marr (yes I know you could do the funny caimen quest, but demand for caimen corpses became high and sucked the fun out of doing anything, I wished they would have left EQ in its good form.. which is why I came here).

I guess I'll keep slogging away at it and see how it goes. My daughter is leveling up a druid with me so she can give me wolf form when I need it, but it was getting a bit discouraging only getting to glaring and stopping. I'll try a bit more. If it doesn't end up working, I'll just roll an evil character and really bottom out those factions I suppose.. but faction work is why I played EQ in the first place. I get as much enjoyment out of getting into a new city as most players get from gettting the [insert uber weapon here].

And YES, I know I could roll an enchanter for faction type stuff, but really I do like the "in yer face" action you just can't get with cloth armor (well, my Iksar necro tanked for 35 levels but after that they just hit too dang hard).
Closed Thread