Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 07:29 PM
Kobold

Smile Got into medical school after wasting years on P99

After wasting several years on P99, I finally mostly quit last year and got my shit together and got accepted to medical school. Just a friendly reminder of how much time you might be throwing away if you're a hardcore raider. Take everything in moderation, and remember P99 is not life!
Old 02-03-2016, 07:30 PM
Banned

but you missed your chance to be a young doctor already
Old 02-03-2016, 07:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Japan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but you missed your chance to be a young doctor already
You got me there! Gonna be going to the first day of class on my Hoveround(TM)
Old 02-03-2016, 07:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You got me there! Gonna be going to the first day of class on my Hoveround(TM)
it's alt0153™
Old 02-03-2016, 11:37 PM
Aviak

St. George, AUC, or Ross?
Old 02-04-2016, 01:20 AM
Planar Protector

Which Caribbean island you going to?

Also grats, med school is not an easy achievement
Old 02-04-2016, 02:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy_Pagan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Life is highly subejective. Objectively, there is absolutely zero point or meaning to existing. Attempting to give it meaning is a desperate attempt of a terrified mind to cope with the finite and often agonizing period of time we experience consciousness. You're going to die one day, OP, and when that day comes, all those degrees, that nice salary? They wont carry over. If reincarnation is indeed a thing, twinks still don't exist. If someone chooses to spend their life accomplishing nothing, scraping by financially so that they can spend their time doing what they enjoy, is it really wasted?

Why go through the trouble of all that debt, all the work in classes, and a soul killing internship and residency, followed by another 15-20 years of dealing with a very high stress workload? If you played classic you're at LEAST nearing 30. How long do you think it'll take to pay off all those loans? If you do it quickly, you wont have any money to spend until they're gone, which was your original goal right? To have money?

You're probably entering the beginning stages of a midlife crisis, trying to give some sort of meaning to your existence as the weight of mortality really begins to set in.

Good luck in med school, though! If that's what makes you happy you should do it.
Because if that's all there is then there is no sense in participating in anything less than my evolutionary traits and promote more babies and growth eat berries and die. If it turns out to be more, then I get points for the first two things when I'm judged or whatever.

Or you could be severely depressed and pout about it.
Old 02-04-2016, 02:35 AM
Planar Protector

massage therapy is hardly a medical profession
Old 02-04-2016, 09:14 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by phacemeltar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
massage therapy is hardly a medical profession
But if there is a Happy ending.... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-04-2016, 01:11 PM
Kobold

Thanks all, can't wait to start next fall in Zhanjiang Guangdong Medical College. (Just kidding it's U of A) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I would say it's more like a quarter life crisis, it does feel weird being 6 years older than everybody
Closed Thread