Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Guild Discussion

View Poll Results: What are you looking for in the guild scene here on Red99?
I am unguilded, looking for a good guild to raid and PvP with. 25 35.21%
I'm already guilded, but if a new guild formed that sounded better, I would join it on my main asap. 5 7.04%
I'm already guilded, but only for gear/levels. I hope to join a promising guild after I gear up. 3 4.23%
No change is needed. I'm happy to play with one (or more) of the guilds that currently exist. 26 36.62%
Abstain - I'm not really into PvP, but rather experiencing other aspects of EQ. 3 4.23%
Other/None of the above 9 12.68%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 06:40 PM
Aviak

pvp with larger guilds, really interested in pvp? get Nihilum back to server if you dare *g*
Old 01-17-2015, 07:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Japan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i like that the only "unguilded" option assumes i want to spergraid

bloobs
You mean there should be an option like "I am unguilded and content to PvP as such without raiding"? Or what do you mean exactly?

I thought raiding is necessary to get the best gear in order to excel in PvP at levels 46-60. Is that not the case?
Old 01-17-2015, 07:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wish there were more large guilds interested in PVP over pve, but without the toxicity and retardation. id like to see multiple 60v60v60 fights.
Hi Heartbrand, how would you summarize the current guild scene in contrast to what you envision?
Old 01-17-2015, 08:47 PM
Kobold

The harsh reality is in the numbers. On vz for example when we had around 3000 players there were 5 raid guilds that could field up to 100 players. I was involved in a 75v75v75 in plane of tactics w defiant zephyros and ancient dawn. Shit lasted over am hour, but that's beside the point. 500 hardcore "raiders" who contested mobs was about 18 percent of the server, with the rest lower tier guilds doing lesser content or casuals.

With 60 to 80 raiding on r99 on a 300 person server it is about right in comparison. The harsh reality is we need more players to have more raiders.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:59 PM
Sarnak

May i ask is there a guild on red that acually /randoms loots to people who showed up for the kill rather then the whole bias dkp systems or loot counsil bs on red if so please tell me the name.
Old 01-17-2015, 09:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi Heartbrand, how would you summarize the current guild scene in contrast to what you envision?
You have two large PvE oriented guilds at the moment, fresh and holocaust. By PVE oriented I don't mean they dislike pve but rather that their goal is to be a guild capable of downing all content at any time, open recruitment, helping new members etc. You then have a third guild who is basically uninterested in recruitment and newer players, and is content sniping mobs they need. Because they refuse to recruit they will never be able to truly compete on a mass pvp scale, so resort to guerrilla warfare.

The pvp I enjoy most is the huge epic battles involving triple digits in a zone. I fear that azrael prevents a lot of these from happening by keeping people chained to the guild who feel committed out of loyalty to stay with their current team. I'm hoping fresh will eventually compete next, but right now they seem to be a feeder guild. I think red desperately needs a strong guild leader from blue to come over with a core and build up over here. The pop is on the rise and now with the exp bonus is the time to get ready for Velious gains.
Old 01-17-2015, 09:46 PM
Planar Protector

Fresh has lost two or three people to Holo over the last several weeks
that doesn't make them a feeder guild, some people want seemingly easier pixels...except that the larger Holo gets
the harder it is for individuals to win pixels...they would have been better off to stay Fresh

Fresh has a strong core and good people. Rome wasn't built overnight
Old 01-18-2015, 02:04 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have two large PvE oriented guilds at the moment, fresh and holocaust. By PVE oriented I don't mean they dislike pve but rather that their goal is to be a guild capable of downing all content at any time, open recruitment, helping new members etc. You then have a third guild who is basically uninterested in recruitment and newer players, and is content sniping mobs they need. Because they refuse to recruit they will never be able to truly compete on a mass pvp scale, so resort to guerrilla warfare.

The pvp I enjoy most is the huge epic battles involving triple digits in a zone. I fear that azrael prevents a lot of these from happening by keeping people chained to the guild who feel committed out of loyalty to stay with their current team. I'm hoping fresh will eventually compete next, but right now they seem to be a feeder guild. I think red desperately needs a strong guild leader from blue to come over with a core and build up over here. The pop is on the rise and now with the exp bonus is the time to get ready for Velious gains.
/clap
Old 01-18-2015, 11:59 AM
Banned

Any guilds with fair loot distro?
Old 01-18-2015, 06:04 PM
Planar Protector

fresh is about as fair as it gets. they nbg and rolls are done if you're there. a lot of planes stuff has rotted because the right classes weren't there to loot

0 people in fresh complain over the loot system
Closed Thread