Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 08:52 AM
Kobold

Default A Memorable PvP Experience (story time)

I've been back to p99 for about a month now, and all in all having a great time. Joined a solid guild (Fresh), met some good people and managed to level my Paladin to 52. Last night however was a clear reminder of why I love EQ and Red.

I just left Chardok from grouping with some guildies, Im stacked on buffs and thankfully SoW is the last in the list (will see why later). Carrying about 400pp and some newly won loot, I call out in OOC for a port and thankfully a badass druid replies.

My travel through BW and DL remains fairly uneventful as I approach the tunnel in DL, I message the druid, notifying him that I am arriving shortly. About halfway through the tunnel, I encounter 3 (maybe 4) other players and immediately recognize one (Nerrd, a badass rogue from Holocaust). I run by, hoping and praying they dont turn around, toggle the rear view and well, see them all make a 180 back towards me.

Panic strikes (I've fought him several times before) and I haul ass to the druid rings, telling the druid that Holocaust is on my ass and will need an evac quick. Nerrd quickly catches up, lands some hits, a backstab and then I start to see my buffs disappear as the casters begin dispelling. I stop short several times to land a quick bash on the rogue to buy myself some time, however it quickly backfires as the dispelling gets more frequent. I started out with a full 15 buffs and at this point Im down to about 3, with SoW as the last one.

I begin running up and down the hills, weaving in and out of the druid rings, hoping to buy some time till the druid ports in, and break LoS with the casters who are nuking me down. The druid arrives, I invite him quickly while weaving in and out and he immediately starts casting the port. Hoping to buy myself a few seconds I continue to weave only to see my health dropping rapidly. I run back to the druid thinking i have a second or two, only to be caught out in the open for 4 more seconds. Watching my health drop rapidly, I pop Lay on Hands at 3% health and .5 secs later the port casts.

I wish I had gotten that on video as it was by far the best moment I've experienced so far in PvP on Red! Had to share as Im sure there are hundreds of stories like mine.

Cheers,
Tumpyl (52 Pally)
Old 01-04-2015, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

If you died would this have been a, I am quitting thread? Joking... Welcome back.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:07 AM
Kobold

Haha, sweet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Holo has more than enough for velious at this point...in case you do care, continuing to accept anything with a pulse actually is hurting the server now.
Old 01-04-2015, 01:23 PM
Banned

good thread, bad class choice tho
Old 01-04-2015, 03:15 PM
Banned

^ Trolled ^
Old 01-04-2015, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

nerdd is donkee or his brother.
Old 01-04-2015, 09:34 PM
Sarnak

Enjoyed reading!
Old 01-05-2015, 09:12 AM
Kobold

awesome tumps, let's get some groupage going soon.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nerdd is donkee or his brother.

Donkee logs in one character to get raid loot and another to attack his supposed pals

Y does Colgate allow people in Holocaust to kill his guild members on their unguilded alts?

Holocaust crootin.
Old 01-05-2015, 11:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikrib [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Donkee logs in one character to get raid loot and another to attack his supposed pals

Y does Colgate allow people in Holocaust to kill his guild members on their unguilded alts?

Holocaust crootin.
It is hard to keep track of everyone. When his Holocaust character is logged in helping with raids he is still helping the cause. The loot system is fair and everyone in attendance gets a chance at loot so what he does in his free time isn't really an issue. If he goes to 10 raids and gets 1 piece of gear for his character he has still helped gear countless other members. If he uses that gear to later PvP against Holocaust who cares, more fun for the server.

There are Azrael alts in Holocaust too. It is pretty easy to roll alts and put them in any guild you want. There are going to be people in Holocaust for selfish reasons. You just gotta deal and move forward.

The most attractive part of Holocaust is that there is a trustworthy competent core leading. They are fair and help organize the large group. A pro and con is that anyone can join (a few exceptions). One thing it eliminates is the elitist attitudes, RMT, and unfair greedy hoarding of pixels that have been the norm in other guilds.
Closed Thread