Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 03-17-2014, 04:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buellen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the priest that guy that heals lord of militia can sometime cast see invis on the guards that patrol near him. happend on eq mac
That isn't what is happening here.

Ledshin was made See Invis because of an old comment on Allakhazams that wasn't true.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:42 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Running invis through Freeport. Not classic.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:17 AM
VIP / Contributor

This was changed due to a bug report/presented evidence and experiences with the Freeport gate guards on EQmac. With the evidence presented for both sides I think it maybe fair to say that Ledshin may have a chance/potential to spawn with the ability to see invisible instead of always doing so.

I think that's a fair compromise.

Fixed, pending update.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:31 PM
Planar Protector

That works for me. I'll just murder him when I see he can see invis to help out the server's evil factioned noobs.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:56 PM
Fire Giant

My apollogies potus for some strange reason always thought cleric npc had see invis spell 8) lol should have know better.

i do have memories of him seeing through my invis some times when running through on my eqmac paladin.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Old 03-25-2014, 12:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buellen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My apollogies potus for some strange reason always thought cleric npc had see invis spell 8) lol should have know better.

i do have memories of him seeing through my invis some times when running through on my eqmac paladin.
Interesting, I don't ever recall it happening when I played up until the release of PoP. Maybe something happened then?
Old 03-25-2014, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

there was a lot of screwey stuff on EQMac. if Ledishin ever saw invis over there i think we should just attribute it to an EQMac bug.

i mean, i hope we don't recreate the way Unrest was on EQMac just because we assume it must be classic if it was on EQMac.... EQMac's Unrest had such terrifying pathing and agro radiuses (the top floor coming down to the bottom floor when you try to pull a mob on the bottom floor one room over, etc)

and my classic example -- the Nybright sister's in LFay only dropped Rusty weapons on EQMac. i mean, wtf. that's some not classic stuff right there. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

another example from my time on EQMac -- the kobolds in the Warrens. i noticed it right away when i started killing in the Warrens on EQMac on my lowbie iksar SK.... the first two kobolds to the right when you zone in.... agroing one would not cause the one next to it to agro.... this was at like level 5, when they were both dark blue or even cons... it never worked that way on Live (can attest to this as someone who spent a LOT of time in The Warrens starting from the first week it opened).... their social radius was always big enough that agroing one meant both would come after you.... but on EQMac, nope, the social radius for the kobolds in Warrens was almost nil.

i wish i had written down all the little differences like that that i noticed. there were a LOT of them. EQMac was not the bastion of absolute classicness that we thought it was. it was very close, of course, but if there's little differences like this from EQMac then imo it should just be considered an idiosyncracy / bug and not evidence of the way things were in the year 2000.
Last edited by pharmakos; 03-25-2014 at 10:50 AM..
Old 03-25-2014, 10:45 AM
Banned

No, some of those militia house guards saw invis.

The Dawg has a good point, though. Sometimes some NPCs would spawn with or without see invis. The classic tagline being "the see invis one was up", that I remember when dealing with countless areas in the game.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:17 AM
Banned

Looks fixed. Ran through WFP yesterday, Ledshin conned indiff with invis up. TY.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:56 PM
Planar Protector

I've yet to see him not con indiff with invis up. He aggroed on me at the guard house and I got smooshed today, didn't help that he was pathign through the walls [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Potus; 04-15-2014 at 02:54 AM..