Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2017, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty simple sequence of events.

1. Lady N and Vulak were both up.
2. CSG opted not to do either of them, because Lady M was in window and we knew if we were up at Lady N when she spawned, we would be barred from attempting her and therefore blocked fro Vulak.
3. Lord Bob went to Lady N.
4. Lady M spawned while they were at Lady N.
5. They tried to do lady M anyway.
6. Sirken told them they are DQed from Lady M.
7. They all blamed CSG.

/shrug. I'd love to know how this is CSG's fault, or what bad reputation you're talking about, but I'm pretty sure I'll just get a bunch of bullshit either way.
No that suffices, I just thought it would be good to understand the sequence of events since the event was posted about with a negative connotation.

I also want to put out there that players like Bugaman are extraordinarily rare. This dude is probably one of the most selfless guys I ever ran across on this game with zero ego and a heart of gold.

He used to run zones with players where he gained nothing and did it just to help them learn/experience places they were not very familiar with like HS. He'd volunteer to tank and commandeer them through the dungeon for hours.

I seen him do this many many times and he never got any credit for it from anyone that I ever seen. I always thought if only people like him ran guilds, how much more fun things would be on this server.

***Just saying I am a big fan of Bugaman. Glad to see he still on the server.
Old 12-23-2017, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

It's a deflection game now Buga. He needs to invent a villain to make himself look the victim. Problem is nobody's buying it.
Old 12-23-2017, 12:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I also want to put out there that players like Bugaman are extraordinarily rare. This dude is probably one of the most selfless guys I ever ran across on this game with zero ego and a heart of gold.
You couldn't be more incorrect. Yesterday, I saw Buga run in and killsteal a WW dragon from another guild without even asking! He gave away the loot, though.
Old 12-23-2017, 12:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadiki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He gave away the loot, though.
Thank you for confirming my point of what a standup player Bugaman is, one of the most unselfish people you could ever meet on p99.
Old 12-23-2017, 01:10 PM
Banned

Casual raiders are often the worst
Old 12-23-2017, 01:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty simple sequence of events.

1. Lady N and Vulak were both up.
2. CSG opted not to do either of them, because Lady M was in window and we knew if we were up at Lady N when she spawned, we would be barred from attempting her and therefore blocked fro Vulak.
3. Lord Bob went to Lady N.
4. Lady M spawned while they were at Lady N.
5. They tried to do lady M anyway.
6. Sirken told them they are DQed from Lady M.
7. They all blamed CSG.

/shrug. I'd love to know how this is CSG's fault, or what bad reputation you're talking about, but I'm pretty sure I'll just get a bunch of bullshit either way.
Please confirm that it wasn't a CSG petition that ended the raid, cause that's why CSG is getting blamed.
Old 12-23-2017, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Casual raiders are often the worst
Casuals aint worse, but they do have equally greedy neckbeards in their guilds as the top tier raid guilds do, just with less talent and skill which keeps them under guilds like AW and AM.

***CSG and other lower tier raid guilds are like the minor leagues, whereas AW/AM are the major leagues.
Old 12-23-2017, 02:10 PM
Fire Giant

I escalated it after CSG reps spoke with those involved...to no avail.

I argued to keep CSG out of there yesterday out of respect for that particular rule - consequently leaving N and Vulak up (Ikitar as well, but for other reasons).

Had we not made that decision, this conversation would not be happening because N and Vulak would have died yesterday.

But it makes no sense to me to keep the CSG guys in check, rulewise, if that's not going to be the broader standard. I'd be irresponsible to ask our people to do something and have them watch others not held to the same standard and acting with impunity.

Cloki - Lead Hippie, OMNI
Old 12-23-2017, 02:16 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Casuals aint worse, but they do have equally greedy neckbeards in their guilds as the top tier raid guilds do, just with less talent and skill which keeps them under guilds like AW and AM.

***CSG and other lower tier raid guilds are like the minor leagues, whereas AW/AM are the major leagues.
Why are you still talking about raiding? Dude looks at some pictures of Earth from space and wants to tell everyone what it's like to be an astronaut.
Old 12-23-2017, 02:23 PM
Fire Giant

Lord Bob and CSG are the new AA.
Closed Thread