Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 06:15 AM
Large Bat

Default Best population vanilla wow server?

Which vanilla wow server has the highest average population?

Looking for blizlike servers - 1x xp rates, drop rates, etc.

Right now it looks like emerald dream, but even that isnt that populated (i don't think anyway).

Sort of casually interested in playing Wow again, but only vanilla (hate all xpacs with a passion). As a bonus, my gf is really interested in playing (she doesn't like EQ that much. tried playing my ench fora while but just found it got too boring for her).

Whatchall think? Is ED the best one out there right now, or am i missing something?
Old 02-12-2013, 03:24 PM
Banned

ED is the best out there atm, I know there's a p99 guild that raids pretty hard-core.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:51 PM
Project Manager

I tried the Emerald Dream server and it seemed quite live-like. It's not as classic as I had hoped since it operates on the 1.12.1 patch instead of pure vanilla release. I.E, as a druid, hurricane isn't a talent point at the bottom of the balance tree but merely a spell. I believe they are doing everything up until the burning crusade expansion.

Population seems okay.. but it doesn't support the reason I wanted to try it. I wanted to get a reasonable level, be able to quickly join a pvp game, and log off. Or, join massive world pvp like Southshore vs Tauren Mill battles. It appears there isn't any world pvp and bgs are limited. There are battleground queue announcements that go off when a game starts and I have never seen one not for 60s. Whether it is due to population or people not signing up to pvp, I'm unsure.

Oh yeah, it's buggy. I fully understand that as it's an emulator. For a classic wow server, I think it is fine. I have never tried another wow emulator though.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:08 PM
Banned

There's a couple of really good WoW emulators, but they're all either current expac or one expac behind.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:41 PM
Banned

come play live broheim

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-12-2013, 06:54 PM
Sarnak

I imagine live WoW these days to be as terrible as live EQ. Pandas are the shit and all but really have no place as an MMO playable character.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daliant17447 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I imagine live WoW these days to be as terrible as live EQ. Pandas are the shit and all but really have no place as an MMO playable character.
the scaling is out of hand but the game itself is pretty fun. I'd rate it BCish~

The pandas fit okay into the lore but I want some more burning legion content
Old 02-12-2013, 07:17 PM
Planar Protector

don't you owe me some gold!?
Old 02-12-2013, 07:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
don't you owe me some gold!?
log on sometime tonight and i'll send u some~
Old 02-12-2013, 08:03 PM
Planar Protector

Still can't believe they put pandas in, other than to intentionally kill a MMO off in order to replace it with something else...or tap into the market for even younger kids to play than the teenagers of vanilla.
Closed Thread