Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 02:12 PM
Aviak

Default Druid rings and animals

In classic EQ if you attacked any animals, or sat at the NK druid ring and got attacked by an animal the druids and treants would eat you alive. I was at NK ring yesterday and found that's not the case here. Old reference from the druid's grove below.

http://thedruidsgrove.org/archive/eq/t-935.html

Tashi
Old 07-12-2012, 02:47 PM
Banned

not related really but i remember when i first played eq people told me not to kill animals as a druid or i will become kos to them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] also told me having -CHA helps with fear. thought id share and give you a courtesy bump [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-13-2012, 01:17 PM
Sarnak

I was worried about the killing animals thing on live as well - later on discovered that unless you got a faction message, kill with impunity!
Old 07-13-2012, 02:11 PM
Aviak

That's why it seemed odd that the druids killed you - no faction message, but they sure did. Kinda like how it is now, but miss the fear factor.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:46 PM
VIP / Contributor

Fixed, pending update.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ighlight=druid
Old 06-07-2013, 01:02 PM
Banned

I absolutely love this fix.

Hope you nailed the druids at all rings and those on treefolk factions etc.

More evidence that all druid and ranger npcs will assist: source.

Quote:
You don't lose faction hunting bears and wolves, it's just that if a druid or ranger NPC see's you you get attacked.
Also, I have evidence supporting that charming a bat in Greater Faydark and sending it on the guards would cause the guards to kill the Priest of Discord. I had someone do this to me in PvP as well lol.

Source on the guards in gfay doing such things:
Quote:
Want to try something fun with Charm? I've only seen this work in Kelethin, but if you charm an animal and make it attack the Priest of Discord, the guards will suddenly team up on him and you have this giant showdown of 3+ level 35 guards and the POD with his 10000 hp...good fun!
See if you can make that happen too, Sundawg.

The wood elves don't take kindly to people not taking kindly to animals.

This is also evidence to the PvP bug that if a friendly NPC sees something charmed (or controlled otherwise by a player) attacking something, they will jump in.

Further, by transitive property, a PLAYER with proper faction found attacking an entity that is otherwise ignored by an NPC will cause the NPCs to assist THE PLAYER.

However... the twist here is I never recall at any faction level being able to attack the Priest of Discord and have guards assist from there. Then again, I really didn't attack the Priest of Discord :P. I think animals "con" amiable to these NPCs when considering faction checks, so that's probably it.

So, the real fix is when NPCs are making their aggro checks (is constant check for trying to add something to its KOS list that doesn't work yet, that also is how undead training on people worked..), it should also make a faction check.
Last edited by Nirgon; 06-07-2013 at 01:12 PM..
Old 06-08-2013, 10:11 AM
Fire Giant

Hello everyone.

I played a druid at release of EQ and I remember charming wolfs in north karana to fight pincer and borer beetles. funny thing was when your pet <wolf> was fighting a bettle and another wolf would wander close by it would assist my pet and help to fight the betel too. It was very surprising to see this the first time back in the day. I one time had 3 wolf attacking one borer beetle was hell of fun to watch. Would hurt though if charm broke cuase you suddenly had 2 angry wolf and one beatltle on you hehe

Hope this helps
Last edited by Buellen; 06-08-2013 at 10:15 AM..
Old 06-08-2013, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

approved
Closed Thread