Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 09:47 PM
Kobold

Default Power-leveling a bard

I'm curious: How long would it take to power-level a bard from level 11 to level 20? Also, what do peeps usually charge for that amount of time? If you wanna chat in game, send tells to Adien (I was gonna post a WTB in the EC Tunnel forum but know nothing about pricing, length of time, etc.).
Old 07-24-2013, 09:51 PM
Planar Protector

Bards are the ultimate power levelers. The best class to powerlevel a bard is another bard. Bards can level solo almost faster than they can be PLed.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:52 PM
Kobold

Aye. But solo faster from level 11 to 20, though? I didn't really thinking self PLing for bards kicked in until the mid 30s.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by medievalerror [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aye. But solo faster from level 11 to 20, though? I didn't really thinking self PLing for bards kicked in until the mid 30s.
Bards can do great kiting from level 8 onward. Not really any need to get a PL. I mean, it WOULD be faster with a PL, but not that much faster. Kind of a waste of money.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 07-24-2013, 10:24 PM
Kobold

So kite tactic using Chords of Dissonance coupled with speed spell? (Apologies, but somewhat new to bard class).
Old 07-24-2013, 11:14 PM
Fire Giant

any character that can heal can PL a bard at any level (although would be easier it they were minimum level 10)
Old 07-24-2013, 11:20 PM
Fire Giant

If by PLing you mean AoE kiting, you can technically start at level 5. It really begins at 18 though when you get Denon's. It's not easy until you master it though, so be patient. You'll die a lot. I personally wouldn't attempt it till 18 as the level 2 DoT is just too short a range to be effective with any sort of lag.

However, AoEing is not really PLing. Low hitpoint kiting is PLing, and it's a broken mechanic being exploited by lazy/greedy/selfish players and spoils entire zones for everyone else, not to mention how it trivializes the game. The last thing we need is another PLing Bard.
Last edited by t0lkien; 07-24-2013 at 11:30 PM..
Old 07-25-2013, 12:06 AM
Planar Protector

Sad to say but you are right. Feel sorry for the really good bards on here because Most are just a pain in the ass solo, Pling, and in groups anymore. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-25-2013, 12:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0lkien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I personally wouldn't attempt it till 18 as the level 2 DoT is just too short a range to be effective with any sort of lag.
If you have a good connection it's totally doable. I've been kiting large chunks of West Karana on my level 8 bard by twisting Selo's and Chords of Dissonance while using a mandolin.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 07-25-2013, 12:31 AM
Aviak

low level kiting tip: kite beetles.

scarabs in N ro, after that move to NK and there's a range of beetles there. they run slower than regular run speed so you can kite with no selos, just playing chords only. found it much easier with the limited range. did that from around 11 to 18.

if there's groups, group up so you can max out your weapons skills and make some friends and learn how to play the class. also don't kite everything in zones where other people are hunting or expect to make some enemies.
Closed Thread