Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 01:20 PM
Aviak

Unhappy Played Blue, no prob. Played Red, wtf.

So, I started off on p99 reluctantly on blue because an old RL friend/EQ player showed me the emu. Played on blue for about a year, streamed a lot and met a lot of cool people and had fun for a time reliving EQ memories. But, being from TZ, I missed pvp quite a bit, so I tried red out and dabbled around, but had difficulty finding groups and gave up.
The entire time I'm on Blue I heard a lot of things about the p99 staff, good and bad, and I was always curious why some people could possibly have a problems with the GMs. Hell, Sirken even came into my stream and started following me.
Eventually, I got bored, my time on the box dwindled and I played on and off for a while.

In comes the forced beta and the Red pop jumps and I get on one of the toons I made and I can actually find low level groups. My fate is sealed and I've been playing Red since.

Flash forward to now, within a matter of the last 2 weeks I've been ooc banned for 90 days for responding to someone else cursing at me in ooc (said person got no ooc ban), had my guild name deleted for the name "massacre" yet somehow the biggest guild on the server is named "holocaust," and had the name of my shadowknight changed.. not before the week I played him constantly and leveled him up to 25 but after I put in a petition to have a guild made with a completely unoffensive name. Name changed, then ignored when I ask about the guild. (SK's name was Antichrist Superstar, not sure where that name breaks the rules unless "offending the stupid" is a problem)

Do Red players just get treated like shit or???..... I'm honestly curious because all this shit is making me want to quit the box, and that's really saying something considering EQ is basically digital heroine. We both know I won't quit cold turkey, but I can definitely see other things becoming more fun than leveling "mardikoth" the sk while unable to look for groups for the next 2 months through ooc.
Old 02-03-2015, 01:29 PM
Banned

They got rid of guilds without enough active members, that might have been why the guild was taken out.

Sirken said he got help from blue guides so the people changing your name are from blue and they may or may not hate red, who knows.
Old 02-03-2015, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

never had a name changed
guild name never removed
never been banned
never been suspended
never had ooc privileges revoked
DT'd once by Deru for PVP at GM event
Old 02-03-2015, 01:36 PM
Banned

Is this a Holo app?
Old 02-03-2015, 01:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They got rid of guilds without enough active members, that might have been why the guild was taken out.

Sirken said he got help from blue guides so the people changing your name are from blue and they may or may not hate red, who knows.
Then why flat out ignoring me when I ask about the guild thing later? Hell, I even sent in a petition asking about guilds and if I could make one, or if I need more members and never got a response but I didn't feel the need to throw that into the rant.
Got 3 RL friends brand spanking new to EQ and no chat for them to find each other when I'm not on, made that very clear in my petitions too.
Old 02-03-2015, 01:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absenthe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then why flat out ignoring me when I ask about the guild thing later? Hell, I even sent in a petition asking about guilds and if I could make one, or if I need more members and never got a response but I didn't feel the need to throw that into the rant.
Got 3 RL friends brand spanking new to EQ and no chat for them to find each other when I'm not on, made that very clear in my petitions too.
Maybe the guids going through to clean up the names aren't the same people who answer petitions.
Old 02-03-2015, 01:40 PM
Banned

guides
Old 02-03-2015, 01:42 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe the guids going through to clean up the names aren't the same people who answer petitions.
I'm referring to Sirken, as he is the only person I have had any interaction with other than Eunomia telling me he didn't know why Sirken deleted my guild, just that it was labelled offensive.
Old 02-03-2015, 01:45 PM
Retired Guide

Quote:
Yes

Quote:
All action taken by guides is at the direction of lead GM Sirken.

We don't hate anyone. We love you all. Some more than others.
Old 02-03-2015, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

Hi, I'm guessing your character's name was changed because it violates the naming policy. It prohibits (among other things):
-Names of religious, occult, or significant historic origin (e.g. Jesus, Allah, Satan, Stalin).
-Names from popular media. These names can be either fictional (e.g. Rambo, Darthvader) or non-fictional (e.g. Garth Brooks, Pierce Brosnan, George Washington, Michael Jordan).
-Common words and phrases that would not be found in the time, place and setting of EverQuest (e.g. Switchblade, Phaser, Toaster, Cannabis).

Maybe the name was an issue because Christ is a religious figure and/or Jesus Christ Superstar is from popular media. Sirken said they'd contact you so you could pick the name, though. Did they not do so? If so, hopefully they'll let you set it.
Closed Thread