Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 06:56 AM
Orc

Question Quillmane

Does he exist on p1999? Here's how I think I ruled it out:

- Quillmane's ph's are common mobs in the zone and are always as follows based on an incredible amount of time spent by many: an escaped splitpaw gnoll, lion, lioness, various aviaks, a couple centaur types, a treant, a cyclops (not undead), and lastly and also specifically 'an elephant' (not adult/bull/calf).
- The PH trigger eventually paths right through splitpaw at some point on it's journey

Now, at this point I had been killing anything as per the above near splitpaw. Eventually I spawned Sentry Alechin or whatever. Not long after I had Qwinn spawn. Just for good measure, I had been killing off the undead cyclops and werewolves in the area, but they didn't follow the Quillmane PH-runs-through-splitpaw requirement.

Eventually I had it narrowed down to Qwinn/Alechen/2 elephant calves as the only mobs pathing through splitpaw. Well, that rules out Quillmane's script right there.

I haven't heard of anyone actually seeing white wings yet, but this would be the place to speak up. I'm assuming this script isn't in, or it's acting funny.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:59 AM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

I tested it in the beta and got Quillmane to spawn like 3 times in a 40minute span. So I know the spawn is working unless something was changed since I tested her, which is a possibility.

The question I have is: Did they change her spawn conditions in Kunark to accommodate the Magician Epic? or was she always really easy to spawn?
Old 11-05-2009, 09:43 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tested it in the beta and got Quillmane to spawn like 3 times in a 40minute span. So I know the spawn is working unless something was changed since I tested her, which is a possibility.

The question I have is: Did they change her spawn conditions in Kunark to accommodate the Magician Epic? or was she always really easy to spawn?
I think it went:

If you know how to spawn Quillmane, it's easy.
If you don't know how, it's extremely difficult.

I still haven't figured it out, despite what I've been told and what I've seen. I could never make Quillmane spawn on demand, [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-05-2009, 10:38 AM
Large Bat

I read everywhere, and tried everything. Been in SK for 8 levels.
The fact is, no one have ever seen Quillmane yet.
Not sure what to do heh.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:48 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I wouldn't make so much of this, but I am sure quillmane is part of kunark, as the peggy cloak is part of the mages epic quest that she drops.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:51 PM
VIP / Contributor

not a bug, its in the game
Old 11-05-2009, 10:26 PM
Sarnak

LOL i know How to spawn her and im not telling [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Falisaty Shagswell mage of 10 winters
"O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade that, with it, thou mayest blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." Armaments 2:9
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos View Post
my dick would look huge in her hand
Old 11-06-2009, 05:02 AM
Orc

Having spent the last 2 days trying to force white wings out of hiding and seeing a ton of escaped gnolls/cyclops/the odd lion, I'm convinced you have it setup differently than live. Quill's not all that rare of a spawn (10%), and I've been killing the cycle's PHs for 7h stretches; It's like Bilge v2.0.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:10 AM
VIP / Contributor

Pyzjn, Quillmane, and Blige all have custom scripts that are in fact different than live. They are different because we dont have the live script. I realize that a dev supposedly posted the Pyzjn script once upon a time but as an experienced GBS camper the stats didnt add up for how it really was so we made our own. We may revisit and tweek them but they are as they are right now.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:15 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

There were VERY few mobs on live that actually had a script to spawn. Quillmane, Pyzjn and Bilge certainly did not have scripts (outside of time-of-day conditions), they were simply rare spawns. The amount of misinformation and conjecture in regards to the crazy conditions in which mobs spawned was pretty staggering back in the day, even considering the natural tendency to think something is rarer than it really is. Raster for example, widely considered one of the rarest spawns in the game had many wild theories and ended up being just a flat 5% chance to spawn. One in twenty - that's it!

As for the developer information regarding how Pyzjn was spawned I highly doubt that it was incorrect, but even given the chance that the developer was wrong I'd have to say that they're the best source of information we have.
Closed Thread