Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 12:13 AM
Planar Protector

Default Rogue + Enchanter + ???? What class?

Going to make an alt with 2 friends of mine, they are Rogue and Enchanter so far and I am trying to decide which class would go well with those 2 for the trio. Any opinions / suggestions?

Edit: Forgot to add, it's on red server, so PvP will be a thing.

Edit #2: I already have Cleric, so not interested in that =X.
Last edited by VincentVolaju; 05-29-2015 at 12:17 AM..
Old 05-29-2015, 12:18 AM
Aviak

For PvE I would say shaman will round it out nicely.

I am clueless on what happens on red so can't make a pvp recommendation
Last edited by towbes; 05-29-2015 at 12:22 AM.. Reason: i am illiterate
Old 05-29-2015, 12:36 AM
Banned

cleric or shaman for pve!

I would rec cleric over sham.
Old 05-29-2015, 12:38 AM
Sarnak

Cleric, Shaman, Druid, or Wizard are all good choices.
Old 05-29-2015, 01:19 AM
Planar Protector

Lots of things will work well outdoors

An extremely geared paladin would actually be pretty good until about level 50 if you want to be able to work indoors

Otherwise shaman or cleric
Last edited by Lune; 05-29-2015 at 01:23 AM..
Old 05-29-2015, 01:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lots of things will work well outdoors

An extremely geared paladin would actually be your best bet until about level 50 if you want to be able to work indoors

Otherwise shaman or cleric
I was actually kind of thinking Paladin or Ranger myself. I am expecting to get quite a bit of PvP from 1-50, and was thinking having a melee with some utility might be better then a straight support class.

Why do you suggest Paladin? And what if it isn't "extremely" geared lol? I could get some decent items, but nothing like a Fungi. If not very well geared, would you suggest a diff class?
Old 05-29-2015, 01:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentVolaju [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was actually kind of thinking Paladin or Ranger myself. I am expecting to get quite a bit of PvP from 1-50, and was thinking having a melee with some utility might be better then a straight support class.

Why do you suggest Paladin? And what if it isn't "extremely" geared lol? I could get some decent items, but nothing like a Fungi. If not very well geared, would you suggest a diff class?
You want the rogue and charm pet to be able to dps without having to tank. A paladin serves the double purpose of holding agro but also playing support for the enchanter, patching him up when he gets hurt. Can also stun charm breaks and help root things. At earlier levels, the paladin's dps and agro are worth sacrificing shaman/cleric utility for imo. At later levels that is not the case. Before about lvl 40 or so, a twinked paladin also isn't bad dps. Ranger works well too. (I've done some good ranger/ench duos in mistmoore, but I was really geared).

A shaman/cleric can do this too, hold agro and play support, but I think before 45 the utility is kinda overkill while the dps is lacking.

If you can't gear him very well (fungi/haste/great weapon), I would just go with shaman or something. Untwinked hybrids are just kinda bad.

This is purely from a pve perspective, I don't know anything about pvp really
Last edited by Lune; 05-29-2015 at 01:54 AM..
Old 05-29-2015, 02:00 AM
Planar Protector

I knew a Druid / Enc couple on red who let me level with them on my rogue. It's basically fear kiting outdoors, but that was a decent trio. 2 pets, sow, backstab.
Old 05-29-2015, 04:42 AM
Fire Giant

A snaring druid can also be great at aggro kiting (and don't forget ports). You will need heals from time to time, so i would suggest one of the priest classes. You could get away with paladin or even necro as well, as long as they understand that they are the healer of the group.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentVolaju [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Edit: Forgot to add, it's on red server, so PvP will be a thing..
then post it here...

http://www.project1999.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54
Closed Thread