Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 12:18 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember a guy bragging on live that if he looted something that he wanted another of his toons of his to have, he would make that toon pay market value in return. This justified or satisfied his anti-twink stance.

It took years before the right term came in to the English language to describe this - Autism. (not saying you are - Just brought back memories).
Thank you for the good laugh kind sir.
Old 05-14-2016, 01:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember a guy bragging on live that if he looted something that he wanted another of his toons of his to have, he would make that toon pay market value in return. This justified or satisfied his anti-twink stance.

It took years before the right term came in to the English language to describe this - Autism. (not saying you are - Just brought back memories).
Bahahahahahaha
Old 05-14-2016, 05:33 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetwolf227 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a policy in this game and other MMOs where I refuse almost all offerings from higher level players. I feel it is a way of cheating, but NOT to say it isn't okay for others to do I don't judge, but for me I feel is tarnishes the game experience for me. That being said I do accept help in the form of people buying my wares for a good price in EC and doing trades with me or crafting me things for a decent price. I don't know, maybe it is just my OCD or something.
I'm the same. I started on red and a druid gave me some stuff but it wasn't super OP items, but they definitely were an upgrade, but this was after I had been grinding for days in The Feerrott and wasn't making any exp gains. Was stuck at like lvl 5. If I went anywhere else I just couldn't kill them. (Later learned there were other options like in innothule swamp near a guk or something) I didn't want to be ported somewhere and given a bunch of awesome high level gear and skipping through levels like a breeze. So I asked the druid what would a person who was starting where I was without any help go? And he answered that and other questions. I just wanted to understand the real experience a player has when the server starts and there is no one to give hand me downs. He showed me lower guk or maybe it was upper, I have no idea. So confusing. We floated through some zones with levitate, was kinda funny following a midget through a swamp. Then he said the place I ought to go next for leveling was Crushbone. He ported me there, showed me some stuff and even told me about the shiny brass shield from the orc trainer. Then bound me when I was okay with it. So I spent a few days in there grinding and would meet people and form groups. I loved forming groups cause I had low dps and a long recovery time between fights(im shaman). I did group with this Fungal Tunic monk named Civec and that made it very easy.
Also, I got the shield because I persistently farmed that Orc Trainer. It has a neat glow around my character.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Resting with an adorable cleric dwarf.

Only problem now is my brother who was supposed to play EQ with me isn't playing it anymore...
Old 05-14-2016, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you leveled on red you'd probably find everyone you level with was next to naked.
Nah, people handing out cobalt armour, swords of mo(u?)rning, wurm slayers like candy.
Old 05-14-2016, 03:27 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaSeven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think gear is cheating, and using spells. I leveled 1-60 as a necro with no gear and without casting spells. Hand to hand only.
You are also 12 and use that hand to hand on yourself, and are tarded
Old 05-14-2016, 03:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggbell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm the same. I started on red and a druid gave me some stuff but it wasn't super OP items, but they definitely were an upgrade, but this was after I had been grinding for days in The Feerrott and wasn't making any exp gains. Was stuck at like lvl 5. If I went anywhere else I just couldn't kill them. (Later learned there were other options like in innothule swamp near a guk or something) I didn't want to be ported somewhere and given a bunch of awesome high level gear and skipping through levels like a breeze. So I asked the druid what would a person who was starting where I was without any help go? And he answered that and other questions. I just wanted to understand the real experience a player has when the server starts and there is no one to give hand me downs. He showed me lower guk or maybe it was upper, I have no idea. So confusing. We floated through some zones with levitate, was kinda funny following a midget through a swamp. Then he said the place I ought to go next for leveling was Crushbone. He ported me there, showed me some stuff and even told me about the shiny brass shield from the orc trainer. Then bound me when I was okay with it. So I spent a few days in there grinding and would meet people and form groups. I loved forming groups cause I had low dps and a long recovery time between fights(im shaman). I did group with this Fungal Tunic monk named Civec and that made it very easy.
Also, I got the shield because I persistently farmed that Orc Trainer. It has a neat glow around my character.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Resting with an adorable cleric dwarf.

Only problem now is my brother who was supposed to play EQ with me isn't playing it anymore...
Paragraph much?
Old 05-16-2016, 06:19 AM
Fire Giant

Cmon psykes. Lighten up
Old 05-16-2016, 08:47 AM
Banned

OP is seeking his character twinked through reverse psychology...
Closed Thread