Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-06-2014, 10:11 AM
Sarnak

Default Trouble with multiple installs

I'm trying to set up a clean install of titanium in another directory (to try another server), but when i mount the first eq ISO and run it, I only get the options to modify, repair, or uninstall my current one. For the sake of not screwing something up, i was hoping to get a step-by-step for creating a clean install before running anything. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old 06-06-2014, 03:51 PM
Sarnak

as far as I know, Windows wont allow multiple installs of the exact same program within Add/Remove programs.

But the beauty of Titanium client is that it doesn't even need to be installed. Just install once, then create duplicate copies for each new installation you want, and launch it using its own copy of eqgame.exe

Now, if you really wanted to use the installer for each one, what u can do is: install, move everything, uninstall, install, move everything, uninstall, install, move everything, uninstall, repeat... (if you move everything before uninstalling, the moved folder stays in-tact after uninstalling from Add/Remove programs)
Last edited by Bamz4l; 06-06-2014 at 03:56 PM..
Old 06-06-2014, 03:53 PM
Sarnak

further to that, what I did was install one fresh copy, and I keep that as the "Default Titanium Installation" and I copied it for my "p1999 copy". That way you can always go back to that default titanium installation if you ever need to grab either 1 file, or the entire installation