Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 09:13 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL. Insulting my flaws doesn't hurt my feelings. I have no flaws that I'm not aware of. But my actions on P99 are not one of them, and I have no regrets about any decision I made. You can, however be butthurt and jealous of my successes.

Digging up people's RL info never had anything to do with GM access, and I don't care whether you agree with doing it. Take you, for example, you aren't afraid of me because you're sitting behind the cozy comfort of your computer screen, assuming that no one is going to know who you are, how to find you, or how to affect something that's real and tangible in your life.

With someone like me, that's a dangerous assumption. I get results, no matter what's in my way. And that's what people are afraid of. If you raise to the level of being worth my attention, and you are pose a threat to something I'm involved in, you may never even know it was me, or how I got it to happen, but you won't be a threat for long.

I don't give two pumps a tickle and a squirt whether or not you think that's cool. But no one can deny that where others would lament their impotence to change the situation, I always got results.
Did you just vaguely threaten to kill him irl?
Old 12-01-2011, 09:19 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What would or could you possible do with this information?
Almost anything. Creativity is the limit. The population of P99 is an immense resource to draw from, with a diverse assortment of professions. Threatening the player-base is more dangerous than threatening me, per se. I simply coordinated and focused that anger effectively where necessary. I also happen to have personal friends in some very useful positions to fill in the blanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know you are not stupid enough to commit a crime with this info (ie assault or harassment) - Have you ever done anything with RL info? if so what kind of reaction did you get?
Of course I wouldn't. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] It was always to get someone to stop doing something. They always stopped. Some never returned.

Quote:
If you wanted to call someone's place of employment what would you have said?
In the situation where I did this, it was simply done and not threatened. Those who can do have no need to threaten, and threatening gives time to prepare. The fool threatened to attack and undermine the server if he wasn't unbanned, and proceeded to follow through on those threats. His work was involved because he was brilliant enough to do it from work (I know right?). As the owners of the domain that made them the ISP, and the necessary point of contact.

I had actually been in contact with the director of his building for a good amount of time before she called him into the office about it, building an amiable relationship and laying down the facts and evidence. Probably the most amusing part was how much he cried and threatened to sue, citing some ridiculous law about identity theft he couldn't understand, claiming it was about dissemination information on the internet. He'd have been better served suing the white pages.

Quote:
Do you believe that it is possible to upset you enough over a video game to try and hurt someone in RL?
No. And understand that being upset has zero to do with what I do. It's not about vengeance or anger. Using P99 as the example, what good is GM status when the person isn't persuaded by a ban? What do you do when the server is coming under attack because of that ban? Sometimes you have to go beyond the normal scope of duty. It's about getting results where the tools available are not sufficient.

Quote:
That being said i really hope you are able to put past differences aside and come back to your GM role, the reality of the situation is that the server needs your iron fist now more than ever.
My schedule is pretty full now, I just have some time to lurk the forums occasionally, lately.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:42 PM
Fire Giant

Lord Uthgaard is a baws. Also, Actually confirmed as Sean Bean IRL.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:02 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Going to simply address 1 question: Why was the "Rogean" thread moved:

It contained numerous amounts of links to RMT websites, so it was moved to the petition forum, where it should appropriately be anyways. There's also the standing rule that the sticky on these forums address, we don't respond to people demanding information on a subject using ignorance of the situation masked under a troll to make it seem like something it isn't.

Project 1999 does not negotiate with terrorists.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 12-01-2011, 10:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL. Insulting my flaws doesn't hurt my feelings. I have no flaws that I'm not aware of. But my actions on P99 are not one of them, and I have no regrets about any decision I made. You can, however be butthurt and jealous of my successes.

Digging up people's RL info never had anything to do with GM access, and I don't care whether you agree with doing it. Take you, for example, you aren't afraid of me because you're sitting behind the cozy comfort of your computer screen, assuming that no one is going to know who you are, how to find you, or how to affect something that's real and tangible in your life.

With someone like me, that's a dangerous assumption. I get results, no matter what's in my way. And that's what people are afraid of. If you raise to the level of being worth my attention, and you are pose a threat to something I'm involved in, you may never even know it was me, or how I got it to happen, but you won't be a threat for long.

I don't give two pumps a tickle and a squirt whether or not you think that's cool. But no one can deny that where others would lament their impotence to change the situation, I always got results.
I still dont see how saying this makes you cool? Anyone who screws with someone in RL over a online game is a fucking moron.

See you talk like im not scared of you because im behind my computer. Let me assure you in RL i would be happy to laugh in your face. Go hump tiggles.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:06 PM
Sarnak

Also forgot to ad: you get peoples RL info from there IP address. You had this access because you were a GM.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:16 PM
VIP / Contributor

It helps to get your basic facts correct before you form an entire opinion around them. Because once those get knocked out from under you, your entire position that you've taken so long to type out, becomes a mockery of your intelligence.

I figured out who and where people were by a lot of different investigative methods. All it takes is one piece of information to start narrowing down the rest. But it was never an IP address, and you might have noticed that nothing personally identifiable is collected in account registration.

IP addresses are worthless pieces of information. They barely give a vague indicator of the geographic location even when they are correct - which is virtually never in a situation where investigation is needed - and are usually bounced to some alternate location, tethered to a cell phone, proxied, etc.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:18 PM
Planar Protector

P99 nerds confirmed worst nerds.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:19 PM
Sarnak

wow big words being used my head hurts.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Planar Protector

hurtful words spoken in 6 syllables or less. confirmed no big words.
Closed Thread