Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: Classic resist system or Null's non-classic system?
Keep the resist system as classic as possible 67 60.91%
Add Null's VZ/TZ bastardization that isn't classic 43 39.09%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

I'd like to see disabling spells follow the classic resist system with DoTs and damage spells under a modified system. What falls into disabling spells is up for debate though. Obviously, root and snare are a given, but I'm not sure what to make of stuns, spin stuns (with current p99 code), mez, etc.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

stop qqing god. you're getting all these blues hyped up over nothing. there are like 5 ppl from vztz who think like you do. the rest know that resists will be done very well
Old 10-15-2011, 03:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
stop qqing god. you're getting all these blues hyped up over nothing. there are like 5 ppl from vztz who think like you do. the rest know that resists will be done very well
There's more people that dislike Null system than like it, period. Far higher number like normal resist system.
Old 10-15-2011, 03:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarkov [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm confused, isn't the whole goal of the project to emulate a classic pvp experience?

Where the fuck is this custom bs coming from?
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth View Post
What is griefing to you anyway? Getting killed without a white glove to the left cheek and a formal declaration of imminent fisticuffs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceros View Post
If you guys hadn't noticed, mimix ownz all, so just give in.
Old 10-15-2011, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

biased poll is biased
Old 10-15-2011, 03:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are a lot of people that are not here for yet another pvp box, but here for the P99 experience with pvp. We don't want the vztz crap, we'd like a legit classic feel not the devs vision of how they can do better than sony.
+1
Old 10-15-2011, 03:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seems like your the only one making angry posts, LOL root?
did you not see my cry wolf post earier?
Old 10-15-2011, 04:39 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoneynegro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then you would be completely wrong on that point. He's trying to force us to accept the TZVZ, not similar to regular EQ at all resist system.
Null has already said that he wants to implement it, have people try it, and get feedback about it. He did not say that we're receiving some permanent changes to the resist system. I'm not trying to single you out and argue with you just because you tried to issue a counterpoint to my post, but the facts just don't agree with what you're saying. Implementing changes in a beta phase for testing and feedback seems completely rational and acceptable; there's nothing being "forced" onto the players for release at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoneynegro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's no guessing for how it affects PvP, we already played it on TZVZ. It plays like a completely different game and is nothing like EQ classic.
Well, Null's formulas are supposedly not straight copies from TZVZ, but that remains to be seen. If the play-testing reveals that the changes (whether they're just like TZVZ, very similar, or completely different) are detrimental to the goal of providing a classic feel for PvP, I'm sure they'll change it. Sure, you have a right to be concerned about similarities to TZVZ, but fanatically opposing the testing of a new system during a beta phase is a bit inappropriate.

As a beta tester, it's your (voluntary) job to test the changes and report how they affect the game. After testing, answer: Which of the changes specifically bring the server further from classic PvP? Which ones seem to be a move in the right direction? What other approaches might be useful to consider in the task of bringing the server closer to a recreation of EQ classic? We should all be here to engage in reasonably polite, logical, constructive discussions so that we can all benefit from a high-quality end product. We should all feel free to voice our concerns, but keep them in check, given that we're discussing proposed changes to be tested in a beta version.

I think people in general can sometimes forget that beta does work toward a release date, but not in a completely linear sense. There is not a measurable amount of progress that can necessarily be completed within a set time frame. The time required to test and review the effects of a particular change can be estimated pretty accurately, but the time required to actually identify the "correct" change for something cannot be known. Sometimes, the most progress you can get out of a week is finding out that another option doesn't work. Not every change is put in because it is known to be desired in the end product.

We're baking a delicious cake from scratch, and adjusting the recipe. Some iterations of the cake are better than others, but on the whole, it's improving. The cake isn't perfect yet, but the good news is that we get to taste-test a lot of cake in the meantime.

Quote:
Lol, well open your eyes because it just happened. Why do you think there are so many angry posts.
Your leaps in logic make me wonder if I might be responding to a troll post right now, but I write this anyway for the people who are genuinely concerned about this matter. And if you're not trolling, I hope you will not be so defensive as to take offense to my response. It's meant as admonishment, not scolding, and I'm just trying to help everyone here to adopt a healthier, more rational outlook on things.

TL;DR? Another helpful link for you: https://www.ncjrs.gov/ondcppubs/publ...yths_facts.pdf
Last edited by MilkyMilkyCamel; 10-15-2011 at 04:44 PM..
Old 10-15-2011, 04:51 PM
Fire Giant

I have an idea, bring up beta so we can test this and then we can talk shit about this new system.

I'd like to stay classic but I'm willing to test this new implementation.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:52 PM
Kobold

Milky, what is the point in testing a system that is not even close to the classic resist system? What do the developers gain by knowing that their custom system works like it is supposed to or doesn't. Does this help them get closer to implementing the classic resists? I don't think it does. I think they are trying to implement their own custom rules into a server that has promised to be classic and people are VERY upset over that.

We have been looking forward to this for years and to have them decide they are making a custom pvp server is really disheartening. A lot of people feel this way about the dynamic pvp system as well. Classic is the RZ/TZ/VZ or SZ rules not some new fangled cool idea. We would play on one of the many other emu's if we wanted custom. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

edit: At the end of the day, yes I'll test and post feedback when the servers come up. Just explaining why people are not happy with this idea.
Last edited by lindz; 10-15-2011 at 04:55 PM..
Closed Thread