Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 09:57 AM
Orc

Default Raiding Question

I've been mucking around a bit and I was wondering about the Raid scene here. Are we doing rotations for raid mobs? I'm not even close to them yet, but as I plan ahead for epics and such I am becoming concerned as it seems the current system is a competitive one, which really goes against a "play nice policy" and seems to promote a "We're better than you, suck it" environment.

Competitive schemes are often broken and would mean I am forced to never see that content. Is this true on P99? Or is there a nice rotation set up where I can view a list for mobs like Faydedar etc? If so, can someone link me the list please? I assume you'd have to be a guild or somesuch, but that seems fair enough. I just want the option of possibly seeing a raid once a month or something.

Thanks All!

[[Marto]] Halfling Druid Level 55 (Blue)
Old 04-29-2016, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

There is no rotation, however epic mobs are not extremely contested as of late.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:12 AM
Fire Giant

High end velious and VP is where the tough competition is. Old world/kunark targets are more manageable and generally contested by the casual raid guilds (or ignored in the case of faydedar? Either way fay can be triggered and is easy to get)
Old 04-29-2016, 10:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneSwimming [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"We're better than you, suck it" environment.
Pretty much this for all Velious content. However Epic Quest mobs are not out of the question for an up and comer. But all that means is that the Kunark dragons are not typically engaged literally 1-3 seconds after spawning like Velious dragons are...Most Kunark mobs are still killed within 30 minutes of spawning, but there is definitely room for people to complete epics if you put in a little effort to track the Mob and have a good guild
Old 04-29-2016, 10:17 AM
Fire Giant

Leave these servers while you still can. They have bred and perpetuated an awful type of human being.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneSwimming [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...a competitive one, which really goes against a "play nice policy"
That's interesting.

Competition can be as friendly or as hostile as the players choose to make it. I've only met 1 or 2 sad souls on this server who refuse to embrace fun when pressed with it though.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:39 AM
Fire Giant

dont be too intimidated in epic mobs is your concern. yes you will require to join one of the raiding guilds that goes after these mobs but you have plenty to choose from. some epic drops can be purchased from other players too.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:40 AM
Planar Protector

Join a raid guild and sit around waiting for a mob to pop for 6 hours. You'll love it!
Old 04-29-2016, 12:01 PM
Orc

Thank you everyone for your input. I'm not big into raiding. I generally solo/duo, but if all I need is a guild and possibly some plat to push forward for my epic, then I'll survive.

And as for my comment about it not being "play nice". What I meant is that one bad apple often ruins the bunch and this server is too large for me to claim ignorance about an open competitive system being "clean" on this scale.

That being said, my interactions thus far have contradicted that point and EVERY player I have personally interacted with has been kind, often overly kind, to me and my newby-ness.

Hope to see you guys and gals in the game at the some point!

[[Marto]] Halfling Druid Level 55 (Blue)
Old 04-29-2016, 02:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Thank you everyone for your input. I'm not big into raiding. I generally solo/duo, but if all I need is a guild and possibly some plat to push forward for my epic, then I'll survive.

And as for my comment about it not being "play nice". What I meant is that one bad apple often ruins the bunch and this server is too large for me to claim ignorance about an open competitive system being "clean" on this scale.

That being said, my interactions thus far have contradicted that point and EVERY player I have personally interacted with has been kind, often overly kind, to me and my newby-ness.

Hope to see you guys and gals in the game at the some point!
for a paladin the book of scale isnt no drop, so the hardest part can be purchased for a lot of plat, not sure on the price. you will have to find some people to do a couple of fights along the way. I know paladin epic does require going into plane of hate & fear and the hole. so id suggest find a casual guild that raids lower tier content, there are plenty on this server.
Closed Thread