Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 12:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by feanan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eh, personally speaking, I don't want to spend my time testing content I'm never going to see when it goes live.

In my opinion, should be all the raiding guilds over there testing things
This
Rustymule - EC trader

RED
Node Red - [ANONYMOUS]
Chun Li - [ANONYMOUS]
Old 04-21-2014, 03:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by feanan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eh, personally speaking, I don't want to spend my time testing content I'm never going to see when it goes live.

There was no raid content available for testing until this past Friday. The other content needs to be tested thoroughly, through all zones/quests/etc.

get testing kids
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 04-21-2014, 03:07 AM
Fire Giant

Schedule a time with at least a weeks advance notice and I'm sure there will be a strong turnout.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:01 AM
Fire Giant

Seriously, the lack of /betabuff is inexcusable at this point.

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 04-21-2014, 05:16 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millburn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously, the lack of /betabuff is inexcusable at this point.
What he said.

Ingrum Irontoe
Retired Warlord of Brell
"Yeah, I'm kind of a big deal..."
Old 04-21-2014, 07:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Pretty much this. There's really nothing I want from Velious. I don't even plan to visit the live version. I still haven't put a dent in my Kunark... or Antonica... and haven't even touched Faydwer. Odus? Wazzat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassMachine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not all of us play this game to raid.

I know I'm sick of that scene, played end game for way too long on too many different games. Shit's real tired to me, I'm not trying to do bosses I've done a million times. I get why people still do it though, so that's cool.

Anyways, I'd copy over my character but they really only seem to care about testing raiding content. Even the message last night was to head to velious beta if you're 60 and geared well enough.

Not everyone's doing it wrong. If they need lower zones tested then I'm all over it. But that doesn't seem to be the case, really.
I'm sure raids aren't all that needs testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I gave up on the Beta. Heck with doing all that faction work to wake up maybe tomorrow and the server goes live. I have better things to do than do all that work for nothing in the end. It was fun at the start but I will wait.
Well, you do get something "in the end": the finished product and the satisfaction of knowing you contributed. Not enough? That's the boat I'm in. I've never had the desire to beta test, even the things I really, really, really want to use. Troubleshooting things doesn't sound fun to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Velious probably isn't in any worse a state than P1999 was when the server first opened. Push it live and they'd have all the bug reports they could possibly want.
Don't know how true this is, but if so, then yeah. However, I'm sure it would be live if the devs thought it could be.
Last edited by myriverse; 04-21-2014 at 07:38 AM..
Old 04-21-2014, 07:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappytwotoes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
+1

Only problem with this though is keeping the timeline on future patches... hard to be fixing bugs and implementing would-be changes on a strict deadline.
not dissing the devs, but this didn't work for kunark and it won't work for velious, so the course of action is bashing out the huge kinks and w/e small crap you can find until it's ready for its beta release (we're actually in alpha mode atm despite being called beta).
Old 04-21-2014, 07:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A few brave souls tried to 1-group the East Wing, but that turned out to be more or less impossible as the aggro range for the drakes is too large.

So Alunova summoned various mobs for us to the zone in, starting with East trash and including Dozekar and Ikatiar the Venom (we wiped) as we gradually got up to about 18 people. If we'd had more, we could have killed them and tried some of the harder ones.
This is one reason people are avoiding it, because there's intervention (for better and worse) by the devs/GMs that ruin the whole point of many encounters/adventures.

If you can't beat it without assistance, then YOU'RE not doing it right. And if it's broken, then why would anyone want to play that? People aren't on Velious to bug test any ways, and may not come across that kind of glitch you described unless by accident. The reason people are on Beta are for what you say in this next paragraph:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its just ridiculous to me that with 1000+ people on Blue constantly no one wants to play Beta. Not only is it something new and fresh (and way, way more challenging than roflstomping Kunark for the 500th time) but the people that do the best when Velious comes out for real are the people who know the zones and encounters from Beta, not the people who spend all their time acquiring Kunark pixels XYZ which will be quickly obsoleted anyway.
If people wanted to learn zones (which let's face it, most don't because they are too lazy or don't care, and that sums up about 80% of Blue players right now), then they'd do the following :

Look at maps
Ask other people
Go onto an EZ/solo server and run through all the dungeons and memorize them
Go onto an EZ/solo server and fight encounters they can do alone, as to learn tactics

Going onto Velious beta, trying to scrounge together X amount of people and fight broken content won't solve anything or give anyone an advantage.

Besides, anyone whom is interested in racing to be the first at anything when Velious comes out, is already prepared and knows exactly what to do. So why not horde Kunark 'pixels' until a time when Velious actually matters?
Last edited by Khaleesi; 04-21-2014 at 07:56 AM..
Old 04-21-2014, 08:20 AM
Planar Protector

betabuff would help.

someone should organize an "open raid" on the beta server for a specific time and place. i.e. on Wednesday at 8 pm EST we are hosting an open raid on NTOV North. Please bring your char to tov zone in.

you'd get a turn out if stuff were organized, especially if betabuff worked.

i do find it surprising that out of thousands of players only a few are testing the beta.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:20 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't have a problem with implementing a beta buff, However.. Buffing level and skills is relatively easy but populating your inventory with all the necessary gear would take longer to set up. This would need to include all necessary inventory clickies as well, spell book stuff, etc.

Even if someone provided a list of everything needed I'd still have to go through and create the base characters, summon the items, mem the spells. This could easily take half a day or more.

I could cheat though and just rip the best geared character on live from each class...

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Closed Thread