Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: Why have you quit?
Dwindling Population 73 30.93%
Lack of GM Communication / Followthrough on Various Issues 55 23.31%
Shortage of Quality GM's 37 15.68%
Missing Commonly Requested Features (Global OOC, LeaderBoard, Yellow Text, etc) 46 19.49%
Tired of Red 99 Playerbase 50 21.19%
To Long of a Grind 61 25.85%
Lack of End Game Content / Objectives 15 6.36%
Other (Specify) 25 10.59%
I still Play 84 35.59%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 236. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 12:09 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiegi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lethdar banned for trolling about dem RMT's

RIP

Never forgive Never forget
I was wondering how long it would take him to eat a perma ban here. No Keegan to cry to this time around eh?
Old 03-15-2012, 12:25 AM
Planar Protector

Keegan sells those ass dolls
Old 03-15-2012, 04:50 AM
Planar Protector

I still play. Though it is rare.
I'm thinking about giving it up.
I voted for multiple options. Dwindling population. Have to play a class that can solo. Gotten some major grief a couple times. Long grind. No real way to find a group (no global OOC). No safe/dedicated auction zone. I know it's PvP, but it seems almost impossible to buy items. 4 out of 4 times I've gotten killed into someone saying they are going to sell me an item, and then getting jumped when there to buy it.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:10 AM
Banned

In summary, Everquest is a shitty single player game.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:27 AM
Fire Giant

Oh noes, turns out i'm banned on a server i quit months ago for trolling, my life is ruined.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:37 AM
Fire Giant

Population going down obviously played a big role for everyone.

But I mainly lost interest due to lack of competition and no challenge whatsoever. There was maybe 1 decent player out of every 100 so PVPin wasn't exactly enjoyable. Holocaust promised to destroy and rape me along with half the server, they also promised they would be first to 50 and would camp me all day everyday. Knowing that I figured I could find some fun (aka challenge) on this EMU but sadly none of that happened. Instead they all sucked donkey cock beside maybe their main Enchanter dude whatever name he had. He was the only one who seemed decent in that guild, sadly he didn't play enough along with most of their members so the threat never existed.

Also lack of content played a big role. It just took 2-4 weeks to get max level and every single item/potion/clicky that existed and after that it got kinda boring with no planes or anything. I guess that's life in every MMO, but on a EMU with a population of 200-500 it just isn't enough to keep playing.
Quote:
exploit - is the code word for they outleveled me and are now outfarming me
Old 03-19-2012, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

all trolling and agendas aside, just not enough people [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Norrath was never meant to be a single player game. was fun while it lasted although I am sure any new comers who dont roll a solo class are not going to have the same enjoyment as I.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:39 AM
Fire Giant

Global OOC, Kills and maybe a LeaderBoard could have kept it more interesting also. But the server lacked all of the key features that a low population server need to stay alive.
Quote:
Old 03-19-2012, 11:43 AM
Fire Giant

I think I'd even play again on a new server with a leaderboard, global ooc for chat and kills along with the race PVP Sullon Zek had cuz I never really tried that. Could be fun for a while [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

All the balance shit and stuff like that doesn't really matter to me and that's what had all the focus on this server. I couldn't give a shit if class XX sucks, or if melee sucks or if casters sucks or if roots last 10 years or always get resisted. None of that really matters to me. I know ill rape everyone either way with any class. I just want some fun features where pwning counts.
Quote:
Old 03-19-2012, 11:50 AM
Banned

I think everyone had memories of live and what made it cool/fun for them and hoped to replicate it here. I agree I thought global OOC was a bad idea before the server launched because I assumed the pop would be much larger - but now that it averages 100 people it's easy to see that people are unable to find groups/feel like they are playing a dead server. I think GM's can make some changes and see how it helps - try global ooc, try adding YT etc. Shit doesn't need to be permanent, can say it's a trial run to test how people like it.
Closed Thread