Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2013, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

Default Hardcore vs. Casual vs. Entitled, in a nutshell

Hardcore players on p99 are here to work for the things they really want. They tend to be willing to grind/farm/track/whatever, even if that activity isn't a hell of a lot of fun in and of itself, in order to achieve the end results that they are really after. They generally like to talk about how the things they have took dedication and effort to come by.

Casual players on p99 are only here to have fun. They tend to only engage in activities that are fun in and of themselves. They aren't against grinding out a level to ding the next one or farming some PP to buy a new piece of gear, so long as the grinding/farming itself is still generally fun in addition to the end result of dinging/new pixels/whatever. They generally like talk about nostalgia and having fun in p99 as a break from the real world.

Entitled players on p99 are only here to lie. They tend to not work for end results, using the excuse that they are "casual" players and that they "have a real life bro." But they really aren't casual, because casual players wouldn't get all butthurt when the hardcore players get 99% of the pixels. They like to talk about a million different things that they think should be different on p99, with topics ranging from server resets to PLs/twinks to changes to the raid scene.

Not everyone fits exactly into one category, of course. Personally I'm a little bit entitled (I'm human, I'm selfish, I want stuff for me), a little bit casual (I won't go to ANY means necessary just to achieve a goal), and mostly hardcore (I grind levels in places that are the fastest if not the most fun, I farm platinum, I anticipate my destination more than I enjoy the ride there, etc.)

Company is here, post cut short OMFG.