Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 11:13 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't feel bad. I've gone almost five years without friending a single person.

I do the thing where I level a character, get bored, strip it and reroll something else. Over and over.

Most recently I've decided I want to break the cycle, so I've done something different. I made a rogue and bought his epic. It's the equivalent of getting a lady pregnant just to cement your commitment. It's exactly like that.
That actually worked for me too. I don't have the kind of money to get an epic, but after going back and forth between 3 characters (I would sell all of the equipment for one to gear up another) I brought jboots for my enchanter. Now I can't really go back since it's using such a large piece of my cash pool. It also helps that I realized I love charm soloing.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:16 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeallunRumblebelly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've got like 8? 10?ish 60s, and they're all fucking terrible except cleric. I feel like I've had these alts forced upon me :P

Best bet for keeping at it is bros, though. EQ is a dull game but it has maybe one of the best social atmospheres. P99 community really keeps me coming back.
This... At the end of the day it comes down to your guild, friends, vent conversations, etc.

This will keep you grouping for items/exp/helping with epics/whatever.
Tander - 55th Half Elf Bard

The Mystical Order || See what I'm Selling/Buying || Nagrith's JBoots MQ Service
Old 04-09-2014, 01:01 PM
Kobold

I've decided to stick with Mage. Does way more in a group than my wizard. Seems to solo better (Read: Not more efficient, but safer), seems relaxed, research seems challenging. Also I'm not sure I've ever seen more than 2 level 60 Mages, so that's nice.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

Just take a few lengthy breaks between your leveling sprees, that's what most of us did
Old 04-09-2014, 01:41 PM
Banned

I'm sure this has been said, but i'll repeat it: don't force yourself to play a video game if you don't want to. There is nothing in game which will be any fun if you're not excited about being in game. Also, you don't owe anyone your time.
Old 04-09-2014, 03:15 PM
Kobold

I kind of had this problem when I was a kid back on live, but even ten I eventually settled into my main and progressed. I have to agree with the poster before me, it doesn't really sound like you are enjoying the game that much.
If you like your bard, then play him. Fuck whoever tries to discourage you. And ignore our self discouragement. I mean, getting to level 18 will take you what? A day? And that's just solo kiting. The class is good in groups, which for me is the reason I play this game. You are barely scraping the surface of content because you keep basically repeating the nooby zones. Get on the bard and move on.
Also, you won't need your epic to enjoy the game and get groups in later levels. Having said that, if you decide you want to dedicate the time in the future to join a hardcore raiding guild, I'm sure they will help you get said epic. But that is quite a ways away. This game has so much more to offer than just end game content. If you focus too much on that you will not enjoy all the other content Norrath has to offer when it is level appropriate. Quit focusing on the destination and enjoy the path that takes you there.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzeriel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've heard the "play what you enjoy" etc etc. I'm just in the doldrums. I log in and just stare at character select. I love playing here. I've tried all the classes I never tried on live. The past few months have been narrowing it down. So now here I sit, 5-6 classes I enjoy. Have a 14 Magician, 19 Monk, 12 Rogue, 14 Necro, 30 Wiz, 13 Bard. I just don't ever know which one to roll with. I've managed to stop robbing from them to gear others, I'm set on each one to make them playable. The question is, to veterans, how do you get out of this rut? How do you force yourself to nail down and play 1-2 things? I'm not in danger of quitting, I love the server, I just wanna get back to the content I enjoy.
By doing something else. Even if it's computer or gaming related breaking up your EQ play time can work wonders. You could still play a similar game but with different people - maybe something more fast paced and quick fix thrills. Or switch genres and play with persons from P99, so you can enjoy trying out new games.

How about a musical hobby?
Old 04-09-2014, 06:04 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via Yahoo to Dragonmist

I have this same problem I enjoy Ranger,Warrior,Cleric,Rogue,Berserker,Wizard,Mage, Monk

I dont play bards,ench,sk,pally,necro,druid,beastlord,shamans nearly as much or at all

Anyhow I havent gotten very far highest char is 35,followed by 19,15,14,8,and some level 2s

The main reason I havent really kept to a single char on P99 is because its been around for a longtime and Velious hasnt even launched yet so there isnt really a fall behind category just a hobby waiting for me when im ready to log on and spend countless hours doing whatever whether it be pilfering around,raiding,grinding,farming,doing epic/ armor quests etc.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzeriel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Believe it not I did try Red. Have a level 6 Dwarf Rogue. It's just irritating that I can't find anyone to group with, and soloing as a level 6 Rogue with a tarnished spear is... No bueno.

I'll try that. I was in a trio for a bit with my Mage but the others stopped logging on, and I was intimidated by their research... Bleh. I just wanna get back to 45+! Love that content so much.
Let a raiding guild know you are joining the server. Gream did it on red and Nihilum had him level 60 with BiS gear within 12 hours /played.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:12 PM
Planar Protector

You get the vp key?