Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

*pulls 16 mobs to the group and wipes it.
Old 07-09-2019, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

PVE is snore fest prior to Luclin. Even then, HP, Cursed and Emp are slightly engaging
Old 07-09-2019, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

*dies to a gorehound wolf add on green99
Old 07-09-2019, 03:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Playing EQ well takes skill. Owning gear does not.

Being a puller who balances his rate to provide fun and exp and loot chances for his group without overwhelming them or boring them. Extra credit if you can do that without stepping on the toes of the people next door or losing nameds to a lame solo chanter sniper.

Breaking fear solo as a druid. Soloing protector as a shaman. Crawling through named velks dogs as a chanter. Generally tackling content with small numbers. Leveling with a few pals in the bottom of najena or dalnir instead of in Oasis or FM. Being a good bard. Etc
There is a vast difference between the skill of a good and a bad EQ player. The issue is that most players on P99 can't even tell the difference.

Many players rarely have the fortune of playing with a good player because gear inflation plays a big role in getting every nub on the server to 60 sooner or later. You can be sloppy with pulls when you have giant HP and mana pools and your melee classes are dealing tons of damage with twink gear. The "skill" is unnecessary for most.

The people who end up playing on the Green server will be those who are serious EQ heads and those who are brand new to the game without too much in between. Many current P99 players don't want to reroll because they will "lose what they worked for." Tons of people will play the official Vanilla WoW in August and do their carrot-on-a-stick-for-XP quests and be perfectly happy.

Some players on this server want to play EQ just for playing EQs sake and just keep rerolling and relevling toons. If you're lucky enough to run into one in your travels you will see "skill" and maybe learn a thing or two.

<The A-Team>
Old 07-09-2019, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

If I am pulling at the CE you will kill the princess and the cloaked dehamp multiple times.

If other people are pulling you will kill gypsies and werewolves.

But then again I am bad at eq because I have never had more than 100k at one time?

I have no idea.

I am a good driver, but I suck simultaneously [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edit: Wait Im a good driver, bad race car owner. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-09-2019, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Nothing engages the chanter in a raid outside Vyemm in TOV and soloing to 60 on one is joke.

Shame red and blue won’t see Luclin. Only using two chanters for emp adds actually took a brain somewhat.
Old 07-09-2019, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

Wrong thread bruh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Posting on forums takes skill boys [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-09-2019, 06:23 PM
Fire Giant

The difference between a skilled bard and one who just plays manasong and occasionally mezzes in groups is night and day.
Old 07-09-2019, 06:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanjil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The difference between a skilled bard and one who just plays manasong and occasionally mezzes in groups is night and day.
another thing i've noticed: only people who are skilled at the game themselves can recognize if a bard is playing well or not
Old 07-09-2019, 06:43 PM
Planar Protector

I'd be ranked higher if my teammates didn't constantly feed
[51 Champion] Logue (Halfling)
Closed Thread