Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not classic. Requires a Plane of Knowledge vendor item.
Praytell how the quest entry was BEFORE PoK was even released, by a good several months?

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=960

Entered: Wed Apr 11 09:45:26 2001

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20021021.html

OCTOBER 21, 2002

Planes of Power is now Live:

And... which item is it you refer to? The fish which can be fished in karanas currently or the tacklebox which you can buy in West Karana right now on P99?
Old 05-03-2012, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm well aware of it being added to ALLAKHAZAM on that day. But the 7th shawl quest was entered into Allakhazam 7 months after velious was released. Was that implemented 7 months after also?

No these quests were just very cryptic and took forever to solve, especially lots of the combines. The 8th shawl was just solved 8-9 months after the 7th.

Unless you can explicitly find information saying that it was implemented late, it should go in at release. And I've looked and found nothing of the sort. I'd think that this would be something that would make patch notes, a pretty big quest with a complex scripted raid, with a very unique reward...
I know for a fact that shawl 8 was not out during velious release....ill try to look up proof when I get home from work. However, I do think it was added before luclin hit 1 or 2 patches before luclin
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20011204.html -- SoLuclin patch. 12/4/01 or 4/12/01 for your euros

2 patches before that was the Project M patch (including a minor patch just before the luclin one).

The previous big patch was FV being released and Melee/Caster rebalance, again no mention of shawl or even hints at coldains learning something new etc.

I've looked through most all of them, and searched for Shawl / Coldain, and haven't found any evidence that it wasn't in at release. Now it wouldn't surprised me *cough* Iksar class specific quests. But I am just not seeing it.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:49 PM
Fire Giant

To be honest. We have Iksar running around in plate armor already (Before anyone starts with me saying "Ohhh but it's basically not plate armor! The armor just has that graphic!". Details...the fact is, during Kunark, Iksar didn't even have a plate graphic.). Etc etc. There's enough non Classic stuff in that I say 'who cares'...release shawl 8 from the get-go. What's it going to hurt?
Old 05-03-2012, 03:52 PM
Aviak

When is Velious coming out for P99?

I heard Vindi, Klandi, and Statue have been killed on eqmac.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banditfist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When is Velious coming out for P99?

I heard Vindi, Klandi, and Statue have been killed on eqmac.
There is no set date.

I would certainly hope so. The server's been up since 2004 and has content through level 65 and Planes of Power....
Old 05-03-2012, 04:01 PM
Banned

He is talking about the people who left P99 for eqmac. He left out Velketor too.

This is with an avg of 30 characters (some boxed)
Old 05-03-2012, 04:05 PM
Fire Giant

Ahhhh. Congratulations guys =D

They stopping at Velious for Classic's sake, or moving on into Luclin/PoP?
Old 05-03-2012, 04:08 PM
Banned

We are currently locked at lvl 60, and not allowed to spend AAs. We are also not allowed to use gear beyond Velious.

Once we finish up velious, we will unlock Luclin gear and raids/AAs to the members.

Basically it's an honor system, progression locked time line.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ahhhh. Congratulations guys =D

They stopping at Velious for Classic's sake, or moving on into Luclin/PoP?
They also have newer combat formulas, AA's and velious PoP loot there.... It must be hard to kill contact 2 expansions back big step forward for IB
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Closed Thread