Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Will you be playing, and on what team?
Yes, I will be playing on the Good Team (Dentist) 18 28.13%
Yes, I will be playing on the Evil Team (Azrael) 18 28.13%
I would not play on that box 28 43.75%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genedin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tested a lvl 50 wiz last night. Both rend and conflag hit for low 600's and ice comet hit for 714 dmg.

The cast times were changed but mana cost remained the same aka Ice comet 400 mana still.
Right. According to data Conflag is the only wizard spell worth casting in any given situation right now. 400 cost (double cost), less damage than Conflag, same casting time.

Its kind of strange without Ice Comet being the crown jewels of classic wizards and it being relegated to second fiddle.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 03-18-2016, 06:08 PM
Sarnak

odds of this box succumbing to staff corruption/meltdown?

on paper it sounds like it'd be fun tho. might try it and bring some pals if the population ends up being higher than 5 autistic basement dwellers
Old 03-18-2016, 06:39 PM
Aviak

Looking forward to trying it out myself. Don't think I'm making it on tonight for the opening of it but sounds like it won't take long to level up anyways.
Old 03-18-2016, 06:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

on paper it sounds like it'd be fun tho. might try it and bring some pals if the population ends up being higher than 5 autistic basement dwellers
It has had staff trouble in the distant past.

No real complaints since 2014, maybe even 2013 or so imo. They have gotten better over time I would say.

Its a classic-only server (no expacs) designed for maximum pvp fun, its not a year-long box. If you are worried about a staff meltdown you are thinking far too long term, this is not a "long term" server or a serious commitment of any kind.

Its pure fun and that's it. Get on it and play this weekend.

Last edited by AzzarTheGod; 03-18-2016 at 06:51 PM..
Old 03-18-2016, 06:48 PM
Banned

welcome
Old 03-18-2016, 06:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

2005-04-12 13:05 Changed Casting Time from 6.3 seconds to 5.0 seconds
2005-04-12 13:05 Changed Mana cost from 400 to 203
2005-04-12 13:05 Changed Slot 1 from "Decrease Hitpoints by 1110 (L49) to 1120 (L50)" to "Decrease Hitpoints by 808"
Correction. This was outright debunked by Genadin's testing.

The damage is, in fact, not lower than Conflag on EQPVP. Its over 1k. Maybe not the 1120 of red99, but certainly nowhere near 808.

Like nowhere near it. They use the Titanium spell file, but they made sure to buff Ice Comet above Conflag where it should be.

Old 03-18-2016, 07:18 PM
Planar Protector

Titanium client actually released 12-15-2005, not that it changes anything. Those were the closest things listed in the changelog on lucy before the release date.

Nothing was debunked, I merely stated what the values would be if they were using the spell files without modification from the original Titanium client, assuming lucy is accurate.

Clearly if the testing is accurate and things have been customized from the titanium client then ice comet is the only spell worth casting for damage, although more classes get access to resist cold than any other resist spell.
Old 03-18-2016, 07:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Prove it

That u have pals
Old 03-18-2016, 07:55 PM
Large Rat

I figured I would play this for fun too.

I copied my EQ P99 folder to a separate location, and patched it with the EQPVP patcher. When I click PLAY from the eqpvp patcher, my screen is just black.

What am I doing wrong?
Old 03-18-2016, 08:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Prove it

That u have pals
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Proof.

plus my mom

Quote:
It has had staff trouble in the distant past.

No real complaints since 2014, maybe even 2013 or so imo. They have gotten better over time I would say.

Its a classic-only server (no expacs) designed for maximum pvp fun, its not a year-long box. If you are worried about a staff meltdown you are thinking far too long term, this is not a "long term" server or a serious commitment of any kind.

Its pure fun and that's it. Get on it and play this weekend.
kewl will do

not looking 4 a long-term box relationship

I prefer no expacs over the lonely immersion walking simulator that Kunark+ red boxes inevitably become
Closed Thread