Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 01:54 AM
Planar Protector

Wtf... missing posts! Including one I made earlier today. Forgot wtf I said. Lol
Old 12-03-2013, 04:31 AM
VIP / Contributor

forums got rolled back to saturday

gems are lost forever [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 12-03-2013, 08:31 AM
Sarnak

Did I miss anything good by not forum questing this weekend?

and belatedly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken
as far as Victarion and Dany - Vics red priest is #2 in that religion, and was sent to convert Dany in the same fashion that Thoros was sent to convert Robert. furthermore we know from Vic's PoV that he's headed to Mereen because of Dany. Now Vic is smart and he knows Euron has tricks up his sleeve which may serve up Victarion as the main course. His only chance to take the Iron Isles from Euron while keeping the ironborn citizens in his corner is the assistance of dragons, and/or being recognized as king of the iron isles by the king/queen in Kings Landing. Now Dany needs a ton o ships for her people and troops, ships that Victarion has. they could easily strike a deal along the lines of, Vic sails Dany and company to Westeros to assist her with taking the throne in KL, and then in return Dany names Vic King of the Iron Islands, and can offer actual assistance in the form of fire and blood to help secure Victarion's position as they leader.
Aye, I agree this is the most likely scenario but seems a tad too easy - dragon horn, Vic's smoking hand and Moqorro will also be interesting factors about Vic and Dany's meeting. I also think there is more to Euron than just being the mad, bad and mental returning brother come home to reclaim his fathers kingdom.
<Asgard>
Old 12-04-2013, 07:02 PM
Banned

Can't wait for next season of GOT

Hi Sirken I'm at your mercy
Old 12-05-2013, 02:55 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did I miss anything good by not forum questing this weekend?

and belatedly...

Aye, I agree this is the most likely scenario but seems a tad too easy - dragon horn, Vic's smoking hand and Moqorro will also be interesting factors about Vic and Dany's meeting. I also think there is more to Euron than just being the mad, bad and mental returning brother come home to reclaim his fathers kingdom.
you surely did miss posts, we had a small forum roll back, things be gone forever. the horn is important. its the image on the cover of book 6. i feel Vic and Dany will hook up, and that Vic will at some point betray her or flat out die for another reason, but Vic is Dany's ONLY chance of getting all her people and armies over to westeros.

And Euron... you are right that there is much more to that character. i'm hoping we will get to see / learn a lot about him in book 6 before he eventually gets slewn (cause we all know he will).

AND i could be wrong, but it looks like Season 4 is going to merge some greyjoys, and cut the kingsmoot

Quote:
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:

Old 12-07-2013, 11:52 AM
VIP / Contributor

looks like we're losing some of those sand snake ladies as well.

i still have not heard anything about Coldhands being casted for season 4. so maybe cut?

also, Michelle Fairley acting on a show called Suits.. so maybe no Lady Stoneheart, or a new actress, OR they let her do Suits because shes only going to be in season 4 briefly.

i just dont know, but im curious, do u guys want Michelle Fairley back as Stoneheart, or a new actress all together?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 12-09-2013, 12:51 PM
Fire Giant

Just watched the first Episode last night..

They're really in your face about trying to be vulgar and show you boobs. Pretty sure at least 3 different characters said, "I just wanna fuck girls!" or something similar

Not that I'm opposed to vulgarity in any way, it just seemed forced. Episode 2 tonight.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:10 PM
Fire Giant

I've never actually read the books before. I walked into a book store once and considered reading them, but I decided against it. I never got into medieval fantasy when it came to books. I tried reading Dragonlance once. I got the first 3 books and read 1.5 of them - then just burned out.

I'll probably give ice and fire a try at some point.

As far as the first episode goes, I can understand that they are trying to portray characters as scumbags as we would see them in real life. That seems to be the popular way of directing nowadays (Breaking Bad, Walking Dead etc). It just seemed like they tried too hard to be edgy establishment in the first episode - but then again, I guess you gotta hook people somehow.

I made the mistake of watching the South Park episode before watching actual GoT, so when the intro song came on, all I heard was, "Wieners, wiener wieners..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmO5IxbUpTE

(Are we unable to embed youtube links now?)
Old 12-17-2013, 01:40 PM
VIP / Contributor

i believe we are indeed unable to embed. i actually still havent seen the southparks that reference GoT, but i will one of these days. READ THE BOOKS, or, listen to the audio books. but you miss soooooo much if u dont read. its simply not possible to include all the characters or all the scheming.

first episode is meh. it takes a lil bit of time for the actors to slip into the roles for me, and the pilot is just that.. the pilot. watch 3 or 4 episodes and you will be hooked. i just rewatched seasons 1 and 2 over the weekend, gonna knock out season 3 on friday and saturday, and then just wait til the first week of april or last week of march for season 4.

so much good shit will be in season 4.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 12-17-2013, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...READ THE BOOKS, or, listen to the audio books. but you miss soooooo much if u dont read. its simply not possible to include all the characters or all the scheming.
I wholeheartedly agree with this. Also, for me it's more than just being about not missing all the details and characters they either change or exclude in the show. I've never had a set of characters and circumstances actually evoke such emotional responses in me as it does while reading this series. The sadness, shock, anger, dispair, pity, fear, and horror - just to name a few - which to me makes a story like this completely genius and a must-read. It's so worth it.
Closed Thread