Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

Default HAVE U TRIED RED YET?

Because you seriously should.

Xp bonus is so nice. Full groups errwhere.
Call your own camps.
Meet some new friends.
Reacquaint with old friends.
Make a name and test your class knowledge.

And lastly

Pee vee pee!!!!!!

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 05-09-2014, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-09-2014, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

I find it interesting that the big selling point people make for red is the xp bonus, the big selling point people make for p99 in general is none of that ez mode nonesense.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:05 PM
Fire Giant

the exp bonus is the part I don't understand. On Sirken's stream a while back it was mentined that the exp Bonus Red used to have was removed primarily because abusive players who were banned could just roll a new account and get back to max level in about 3 weeks (assuming friends still in game helped).

Yet now the exp bonus is back, in the form of needing to be grouped. Which... a banned person would more than likely use with friends on the server willing to help them out.

I get that the grouping part is supposed to hinder the banned person from leveling up rapidly, like the old bonus granted. Yet the first level 60 Froglok Cleric on old retail was leveled up in less than a week *grouped*, using a chain of people rotating the account. Bard PL, Druid PL, or Mem Blur PL wasn't used for that experiment. It solely used grouping and ZEM underused zones like Kurns-Mistmoore-Sol A, etc.

So I'm failing to understand exactly what was fixed with the move that was made.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaskillz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I find it interesting that the big selling point people make for red is the xp bonus, the big selling point people make for p99 in general is none of that ez mode nonesense.
Bullet points don't convey the true feels.

The xp bonus is nice in that it encourages grouping. The challenge now comes from being prepared at all times.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 05-09-2014, 10:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaskillz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-09-2014, 11:42 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Deru, any hope for keeping things about red on the red section of the forums?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonez138 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah really....You tell us to keep rants in rnf how about keeping these posts about red that no one is really interested in reading for the 100th time in red forums.
No one is forcing you guys to click on these threads. People make it sound like we're requiring you to click an ad for red99 in order to play. When I see a thread I'm not interested in on the forums, I just don't click on it. If you're not interested in Red, and it's obviously a Red thread, don't click. I'm starting to think people only make these negative posts because they like having something to fight about. Have you considered trying Red to help work that out?

For a lot of other people, these red threads help them find the server, and they have a lot of fun there. Over the last couple years I've spoken with countless people who never would have tried the server if it wasn't for one of these threads, so I'm not going to take them away - particularly when they are clearly labeled and so easy to avoid. It's not like the title is "Trakanon ninja looted by scumbag" and then a Red promotion is found inside instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
xp bonus totally isn't classic.
I prefer not to be brute forced out of a camp I called by one of the 100 unique users that have enough plat to twink
I logged in and played a wizard, a lot of people handed me 25pp. There was rarely anyone to group with, and those that I did with I was out levelled by thus was not able to group with "new friends"
All my "old friends" are still on blue
Winning a pvp battle has nothing to do with class knowledge, especiallly when its considered legit to peeveepee people currently currently preoccupied or pvp.

So yes, and was not impressed.
Have you tried within the last week or two? There has been ~200 people on every night this week and plenty of people to group with. The chances of you getting brute forced out of a camp prior to level 56 now are pretty slim because of the new level range and the blue PnP applying to out of range situations. That being said, for some people, Red just isn't for them. My hope is that everyone gives it a shot with these new changes being in regardless of how they have felt about the server in the past.

TL;DR: Try red, not because the red community wants you to, but because the devs and the CSR team that provide you with such a great Everquest experience want you to give it a shot!
Old 05-09-2014, 11:49 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one is forcing you guys to click on these threads. People make it sound like we're requiring you to click an ad for red99 in order to play. When I see a thread I'm not interested in on the forums, I just don't click on it. If you're not interested in Red, and it's obviously a Red thread, don't click. I'm starting to think people only make these negative posts because they like having something to fight about. Have you considered trying Red to help work that out?

For a lot of other people, these red threads help them find the server, and they have a lot of fun there. Over the last couple years I've spoken with countless people who never would have tried the server if it wasn't for one of these threads, so I'm not going to take them away - particularly when they are clearly labeled and so easy to avoid. It's not like the title is "Trakanon ninja looted by scumbag" and then a Red promotion is found inside instead.

Have you tried within the last week or two? There has been ~200 people on every night this week and plenty of people to group with. The chances of you getting brute forced out of a camp prior to level 56 now are pretty slim because of the new level range and the blue PnP applying to out of range situations. That being said, for some people, Red just isn't for them. My hope is that everyone gives it a shot with these new changes being in regardless of how they have felt about the server in the past.

TL;DR: Try red, not because the red community wants you to, but because the devs and the CSR team that provide you with such a great Everquest experience want you to give it a shot!
Yeah I tried red. Got called a faggot by chewy or chewie whatever his name is after he went on a rant about how shitty of a job you do. Fun server.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:56 PM
Fire Giant

You might as well relabel this section of the forums to "general chat" or some shit since you clearly dont care about keeping blue and red server chat sections separate.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I have to take issue with this post. All of the posts about red recruitment on blue forums amounts to little more than spam after the original promotional post regarding new changes to the server. Do I have to click on the thread? No, but I also don't open spam mail either. I still don't enjoy seeing it pop up every day. If you are concerned about new players being able to "find the server", keep it to the starter forum, and move it to its own section, off the blue forums.

I appreciate what you and a lot of the red community are trying to do, I think its awesome and I hope lasting positive change happens on red. I just think the constant reposts of the same idea is wearing thinner than asking what race is best for a newbie shaman.