Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2019, 01:49 PM
Sarnak

Default Druid/Rogue Duo in the 50s?

Hey guys!

So my boyfriend and I have been playing together with my Druid and his Rogue (we're both Level 53 now) and I was just curious if anyone else has played with this combo.

The technique we've been using is that I will use my Epic DOT on the mob, DOT it again with my Drones clicky and then spam Snare on it to keep it aggro'd on me. Then I will run away from it while the rogue stabs it from behind.

It seems a little unconventional lol. Curious if there might be other techniques but this seems to be the best for Druid/Rogue duo. The only other idea would be if we were fighting animals I could Fear them.

Let me know what you guys think [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Werga ⋆ Level 29 Shaman ⋆ Troll
Taruuk ⋆ Level 14 Necromancer ⋆ Dark Elf

Old 09-01-2019, 01:54 PM
Sarnak

Any combo works. It’s obviously not going to get you max xp per hr but if you guys have fun just keep at it.
Old 09-01-2019, 02:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee12874 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey guys!

So my boyfriend and I have been playing together with my Druid and his Rogue (we're both Level 53 now) and I was just curious if anyone else has played with this combo.

The technique we've been using is that I will use my Epic DOT on the mob, DOT it again with my Drones clicky and then spam Snare on it to keep it aggro'd on me. Then I will run away from it while the rogue stabs it from behind.

It seems a little unconventional lol. Curious if there might be other techniques but this seems to be the best for Druid/Rogue duo. The only other idea would be if we were fighting animals I could Fear them.

Let me know what you guys think [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
while you should use Flame Lick instead of Snare or Ensnare, it's a good idea and it's great to see people gettin' creative with the most powerful class in everquest, the druid. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

in the right zone, such as WW, it could be very very good exp if you combined a charmed bront or mammoth with the rogue's dps while you kite. could also be decent money if you killed burrowers instead. probably not both at the same time tho.
Last edited by zodium; 09-01-2019 at 02:11 PM..
Old 09-01-2019, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Hey Elanya! Very limited options here, but definitely anything to do with animals. Druid animal fear is the most efficient fear is the game. Not sure if you’re too low for westwastes yet, but that will be your main focus. Snare fear and dot them up with rogue going at it. Once all the animals are replaced by non animals just Aggro kite the other stuff until animals respawn again. Can even play around with a charmed pet eventually for faster kills.
Old 09-01-2019, 02:30 PM
Fire Giant

Yup, definitely use Flame Lick. One of the best aggro spells in town. Sounds like a fun range of possibilities.
Old 09-01-2019, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

Fear will get you better dot DPS than snare, but you trade off reliable aggro on you.
Old 09-01-2019, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

Fear is a stun for aggro purposes, equivalent to a snare really, and affords the caster the chance to meditate more easily for a couple of ticks. The rogue also has a weak fear button he can use to mitigate early fear fades and as previously mentioned the dots will do more damage.
Old 09-02-2019, 11:22 AM
Fire Giant

Good news for druid/rogue combo is that quite a few classes can be added for a more effective trio. Paladin, monk, ranger, bard, necro, mage all would add value. Sk/warrior/shaman would also help but not as valuable to druid/rogue
Old 09-02-2019, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Its a super fun combo, use flame lick to hold agro too, you can just snare/flame lilck mobs and let your rogue do all the damage and youll never run out of mana and can keep doing it like a machine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fear will get you better dot DPS than snare, but you trade off reliable aggro on you.
Just throw flame lick into the mix and you're good [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-04-2019, 02:32 PM
Sarnak

Hey guys, thanks for the tips! I'm definitely going to use Flame Lick, not sure why I always forget about that one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm torn about Western Wastes. I think we might still be too low for it at this point. I'm also worried because it seems like those Velious mobs have a lot more hit points than what we're currently doing in City of Mist. Will it really be faster XP if they have so much more health?

Werga ⋆ Level 29 Shaman ⋆ Troll
Taruuk ⋆ Level 14 Necromancer ⋆ Dark Elf

Closed Thread