Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2021, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is postmodernism a materialist philosophy?

I know Marxism is.
Post-modernism has nothing to do with materialism.
Old 08-15-2021, 03:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is postmodernism a materialist philosophy?

I know Marxism is.
Not quoting you, just the video.

The man interviewing or debating Peterson asks “who are the Marxists here?” as if there are none, and the crowd cheers as if he’s made some point

A person doesn’t have to call themself of Marxist, or even know what the hell marxism is, to still follow the major tenets of Marxism. A typical dead giveaway is any politician who talks about not equality of opportunity, but equality of outcome. And maybe most don’t use those exact words because they understand how absolutely ridiculous it is to believe that all these humans with all their individual good/bad traits/characteristics and different upbringings should all somehow end up roughly the same. So they won’t use the term equality of outcome. But what they will claim, is that whenever a population has a different outcome, this either entirely or in large part due to some injustice, some discrimination, some oppressor/oppressed power dynamic that held them back. And that is exactly what Marxism claims

From its wiki: “a Marxist would conclude that capitalism exploits and oppresses the proletariat”

These are the constant espouses of the Democrat party. They can claim to be whatever they want, but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it’s a duck
Old 08-15-2021, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Post-modernism has nothing to do with materialism.
I think they got confused about "Post-Marxist" and "Postmodern" and came up with this sewage.

Interesting results on here for searching 'Derrida' [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-15-2021, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

@Ennewi you are summoned
Old 08-15-2021, 03:47 PM
Banned

The ironic thing, is I am called stupid and uneducated; yet I have actually read Foucault, Derrida, and a number of Frankfurt School philosophers which preceded their thought, and I can tell you unequivocally that intersectionality is derivative of Foucault's work in establishing the framework for intersectionality denoted as "systems of oppression", yet you, the espousers of said belief system, cannot even identify these "educated" men as the progenators of the belief system you've adopted, because you are not as "learned" or "educated" as you've pigeoned yourselves to be.

Go read his work, dumbass. You're living it as "your truth".
Last edited by Gwaihir; 08-15-2021 at 03:52 PM..
Old 08-15-2021, 03:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
I think they got confused about "Post-Marxist" and "Postmodern" and came up with this sewage.

Interesting results on here for searching 'Derrida' [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, Derrida and Foucault (who didn't like each other, btw) both spent their dying years trying to abolish the age of consent in France. They were fucking pedophiles trying to make pedophilia legal, that's what they spent their dying breath fighting for, after shitting all over psychology and sociology with the pathology of a pedophile.

Into the trash it goes; you will know them by the fruits of their labors. Which books did the Nazis burn? Look it up.
Last edited by Gwaihir; 08-15-2021 at 03:54 PM..
Old 08-15-2021, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The ironic thing, is I am called stupid and uneducated; yet I have actually read Foucault, Derrida, and a number of Frankfurt School philosophers which preceded their thought, and I can tell you unequivocally that intersectionality is derivative of Foucault's work in establishing the framework for intersectionality denoted as "systems of oppression", yet you, the espousers of said belief system, cannot even identify these "educated" men as the progenators of the belief system you've adopted, because you are not as "learned" or "educated" as you've pigeoned yourselves to be.

Go read his work, dumbass. You're living it as "your truth".
Ok whats that got to do with Marxism?
Old 08-15-2021, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I guess I think systems of distributing social capital are wholly incomparable to systems of distributing actual capital. Hope that makes sense.
Old 08-15-2021, 03:59 PM
Orc

How many of you sweaty nerds actually been to Afghanistan?

I found the Afghans to be hopelessly corrupt, lazy, and unwilling to go on missions with us to fight the Taliban. One mission, they ran back to base and left us in the shit by ourselves to fight the Taliban.

The country is tribal, where warlords have the power. It's been that way for a long time. To install a Madisonian Democracy in this country is a fool's errand.

Watching the Taliban roll up the whole fucking country in two weeks is a damning indictment of Bush doctrine of "spreading freedom and democracy" around the world. It's also goes to show that our government has been swindled by the Military Industrial Complex and lying General Officers who for years been telling Congress that we have been making progress in Afghanistan.

I don't agree with Biden on anything, but kudos to him for ending this shit show.

The Afghans deserve the Taliban.
Old 08-15-2021, 04:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
When I say leftist ideology (intersectionality) is product of Postmodernism (Marxism) and specifically call out Foucault and Derrida as marquise progenators of this thought, to which Horza replies by posting comedy ab absurdum with JP, it's denying this connection.

Yet when you search for postmodern Marxism in Google the top responses to the query ARE Derrida and Foucault, who pioneered "systems of oppression" as their central thesis.
Closed Thread