Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 08:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagatob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell's_teapot

That is not how "science works".
Bertrand Russell is philosophy, not science. Are you saying philosophical arguments are based in science?
Old 11-25-2013, 08:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boggwin Bramblefoot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And you don't see the "maggots spontaneously appear from meat left out for days" either. Yep, that was a biggie in the scientific realms.
You fail to recognise that back then there wasnt much of a defined scientific community to begin with. You're grasping for straws and I'm beginning to suspect you may just be another troll.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boggwin Bramblefoot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bertrand Russell is philosophy, not science. Are you saying philosophical arguments are based in science?
Confirmed troll.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:57 PM
Fire Giant

My O chem teacher has many published papers as well as a PhD in Physical Chemistry, but I stated this before - and no I'm not going to link who he is on an elf sim forum just take my word for it - ima scientist =D. We'll just say that he is very well respected in his field, and does math in his head faster than I can put it in a calculator. I also said that ima 24 year old chem student - nothing to prove and nothing to hide. Since we're on the topic, did your anatomy class have a lab? Cause if your anatomy class didn't involve you cutting open a cadaver you should really just stfu about the human body. Reading a book about anatomy =/= experience with working with a human body.
Songs are being sung from every bard,
His passion is back and the fire burns,
With fear and renown, Norrath whispers: Uthgaard
Old 11-25-2013, 08:59 PM
Fire Giant

Actually now that I think about it every single professor in my chem department has a PhD...
Songs are being sung from every bard,
His passion is back and the fire burns,
With fear and renown, Norrath whispers: Uthgaard
Old 11-25-2013, 09:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagatob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Confirmed troll.
I love how people become confirmed trolls when others can't argue back. I deem you a confirmed troll as well Kagatob. So now because there wasn't a sufficient "community" back then, the science was never valid? You are only saying that because of how absurd it is today. Is Newton's science not valid anymore due to the lack of a scientific community?

Ok instead of spontaneous generation how about we use the Einstein Static Universe theory? Is this recent enough for you? And for God's sake this is Einstein we are talking about.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My O chem teacher has many published papers as well as a PhD in Physical Chemistry, but I stated this before - and no I'm not going to link who he is on an elf sim forum just take my word for it - ima scientist =D. We'll just say that he is very well respected in his field, and does math in his head faster than I can put it in a calculator. I also said that ima 24 year old chem student - nothing to prove and nothing to hide. Since we're on the topic, did your anatomy class have a lab? Cause if your anatomy class didn't involve you cutting open a cadaver you should really just stfu about the human body. Reading a book about anatomy =/= experience with working with a human body.
So it sounds like your professor has done a bunch, but what about you? And yes, my anatomy had a lab. It was Gross anatomy. We had three cadavers in the lab. A full cadaver, and two midsaggital cadavers...one male, the other female. We also had brains, eyes, hearts, lungs, and all of the GI tract organs to dissect as well. In nursing, AnP is taken separately.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:05 PM
Sarnak

In grad school, i published 2 papers as a primary author, 4 as a secondary author, 1 as 3rd author, and I wrote a book chapter reviewing developments in my field. Nothing particularly high impact, but the lowest was chembiochem which is still respectable imo. I'm not handing out personal info beyond this, so i guess you're free to believe im lying if you wish.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
I love how people become confirmed trolls when others can't argue back. I deem you a confirmed troll as well Kagatob. So now because there wasn't a sufficient "community" back then, the science was never valid? You are only saying that because of how absurd it is today. Is Newton's science not valid anymore due to the lack of a scientific community?

Ok instead of spontaneous generation how about we use the Einstein Static Universe theory? Is this recent enough for you? And for God's sake this is Einstein we are talking about.
You are basing everything on your own personal opinions and replacing everything you don't understand with 'God'. Moron or troll, pick one. I'm done with this either way.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:17 PM
Kobold

Quote:
You are basing everything on your own personal opinions and replacing everything you don't understand with 'God'. Moron or troll, pick one. I'm done with this either way.
I thought so. Can't argue back so you discount me with some contrived BS to make yourself feel like you won. Whatever makes you sleep better at night.

What in my last post was personal opinion? The thing about Einstein being disproved? What part did I replace with something about God? Yep, thought so...troll!
Closed Thread