Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 06:54 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Blue rerolls

I friend of mine and myself are tempted to roll a couple characters on red. How high is the xp bonus? Is us having no gear going to just get us stomped everywhere we go? I understand PvP is obviously going to happen, but I don't want to be farmed 24/7 because we're undergeared.
Is it worth it to make the switch from blue?
Old 02-10-2016, 07:01 PM
Fire Giant

there are more zones than people on red if you get griefed its because your not very smart
Old 02-10-2016, 07:08 PM
Planar Protector

Why do you want to switch? If your answer is: fast exp, better chance at raid loot, uncontested item camps, etc...don't bother.

If your answer is "I want to engage in combat with other players" than don't worry about if you're getting attacked all the time and enjoy the battles, win or lose.
Old 02-10-2016, 07:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rization [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I friend of mine and myself are tempted to roll a couple characters on red. How high is the xp bonus? Is us having no gear going to just get us stomped everywhere we go? I understand PvP is obviously going to happen, but I don't want to be farmed 24/7 because we're undergeared.
Is it worth it to make the switch from blue?
I'm speaking form the viewpoint of someone who started on p99 red 2 months ago to the day. I never played on blue(except live from 1999-2002). Never experienced PVP before starting on red.

First, I haven't had many encounters with PVP. I have a 0-6 record because I randomly would encounter someone in my early days and died. No biggie.

The xp bonus is great, I'm not sure of the actual numbers...but the more you have in a group the better the xp. I rolled an enchanter and duo'ing is fine xp.

You'll find the PVP and twinks in the usual xp group zones, CB/Unrest/MM/KC. Still, I would still advise going there cause thats where you'll level fastest. They aren't always filled with twinks the whole time. Also, depending on your class there are tons of other spots to level and have fun.

Come give it a shot, you'll have fun if you don't take things personally. If you need some help give Rickgrimes a tell and I may be able to help with some spell money or a set of banded(i'm not rich by any means).

Good luck!
Old 02-10-2016, 07:13 PM
Planar Protector

play red, forge your own path.

dont be a fay gate.
Old 02-10-2016, 07:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
play red, forge your own path.

dont be a fay gate.
^^^^^^^^^
Old 02-10-2016, 07:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If your answer is "I want to engage in combat with other players" than don't worry about if you're getting attacked all the time and enjoy the battles, win or lose.
Can confirm getting z-axis sniped and chased out of zones by invulnerable twinks is fun and interactive PVP.

(just kidding)

Play on red if you prefer getting griefed periodically and a shit economy to waiting on camp lists and bureaucracy.
Old 02-10-2016, 07:22 PM
Planar Protector

How is it any different than picking up any PVP game for the first time and getting shit on by people who've played for years? You will literally outlevel supertwinks in the 1-30 range in a single night. There is more hand holding, gear giveaways, free plvling and people leveling up their own supertwink alts who are more than happy to invite any warm body for the xp bonus on this server than any one in the history of EQ.

Seriously, if you can't take getting shit on from time to time you will not like playing on red long term so you're better off figuring it out early.
Old 02-10-2016, 07:32 PM
Planar Protector

If you're in oasis area later I'll pl you on my druid, same for any other low level players out there
Old 02-10-2016, 07:32 PM
Skeleton

I started off on Red with nothing rolled a druid had a blast and never looked back..

You got a one up on most already by havein a buddy to roll up with. I'd def recommend a caster/priest duo to start off tho, can be brutal rolling up melees from scratch.

I'd Highly recommend a druid or wizard in your duo just for the ease of getting around, with one of those two you can always find some xp, and both are solid in a scrap once you get some lvls under your belts.

As long as you dont take shit to heart when someone comes to kill you your gonna be fine. People like to drop the axe on xp groups it's gonna happen just accept it. Most of the grief occurs on this server when you let ooc know shit is getting to you, Even if your mad as fk keep that shit to yourself, tell the dude Good fight move on about your business.

Groups dont always come instantly but if you just keep a check on ooc you can easily find others around your lvl range to group up with.

If you need any starting plat for spells and whatnot hit Phistt up in game.

tldr: dont cry in ooc when you die, and your fine.
Closed Thread