Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 03:59 AM
Kobold

Default backstab aggro, evade etc

rogues -

backstab generates a shit ton of aggro at lower levels (20ish atm). even if I hit it, and it misses, or does partial damage, it's nearly insta-taunt. even worse, evade seems to have no effect the majority of the time.

is it going to be this way until I'm with warriors that have hate producing procs or hybrid tanks? any light at the end of the tunnel? does evade become more effective with higher hide level? as is, I'm afraid to even backstab at times cause my ass is squishy.

thanks
Old 03-07-2012, 04:39 AM
Planar Protector

What we had going was me (27 warrior) and Marglar (19 rogue). I use Exe Axe, he uses SBD.

I was doing much more damage but could not hold agro to save my life. This would include a missed backstab taking it away even while I'd land something like a 160 damage crit, mashing taunt whenever it was up. The 19 Bard was also stealing agro constantly. My dps was easily at the top of the list. 1h proc weapons were standard but they weren't necessary to hold agro in groups on live esp if you are also the primary damage dealer, so I do think taunt is weaker here. We were joking about it all night how I could hit those fuckers for like 200 spam taunt and still not take agro.

Since I'm not a PvE guy anyway, I don't really give a fuck. Much more concerned about the pvp resists.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:42 AM
Planar Protector

also I think it mostly has to do with warrior taunt sucking dick just because you weren't the only -8 levels person stealing agro.

I'll go out on a limb here and guess that debuff spells are godlike in this regard and that the SK/PAL spam of disease cloud and flash of light accomplishes what taunt doesn't
Old 03-07-2012, 05:18 AM
Orc

Evade wasn't initially something that could be performed by rogues in the Classic era, though I believe the effect was added sometime before Kunark was released. I don't think it works on this server at all, but reading posts on this board about the blue server seems to indicate that it works there.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:39 AM
Planar Protector

We should test it out with a pal/sk tanking or maybe me using gnoll hide lariats.

The backstab agro pull did seem pretty extreme, though. It would make more sense if it was after a monstrous backstab number and not a missed hit.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:39 PM
Sarnak

From my understand spamming taunt does nothing, it just places you at the top of the hate list, and does not give you additional hate. So just save it for when the mobs not facing you.

With taunt capped on a 24SK it seems to pull agro.. 50%~ of the time, but I haven't really been paying that much attention. Been duo'ing as a rogue with an SK, and yeah, BS pretty much brings the agro everytime unless I let the SK fight down to 60%-70% with Disease cloud the whole time, and even then I can pull it back.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

great?
Old 03-07-2012, 03:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearyxTZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What we had going was me (27 warrior) and Marglar (19 rogue). I use Exe Axe, he uses SBD.

I was doing much more damage but could not hold agro to save my life. This would include a missed backstab taking it away even while I'd land something like a 160 damage crit, mashing taunt whenever it was up. The 19 Bard was also stealing agro constantly. My dps was easily at the top of the list. 1h proc weapons were standard but they weren't necessary to hold agro in groups on live esp if you are also the primary damage dealer, so I do think taunt is weaker here. We were joking about it all night how I could hit those fuckers for like 200 spam taunt and still not take agro.

Since I'm not a PvE guy anyway, I don't really give a fuck. Much more concerned about the pvp resists.
BPA! BPA!

Mashing taunt doesn't do dick. You are only supposed to taunt when you lose aggro, not when you already have it.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marglar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
rogues -

backstab generates a shit ton of aggro at lower levels (20ish atm). even if I hit it, and it misses, or does partial damage, it's nearly insta-taunt. even worse, evade seems to have no effect the majority of the time.

is it going to be this way until I'm with warriors that have hate producing procs or hybrid tanks? any light at the end of the tunnel? does evade become more effective with higher hide level? as is, I'm afraid to even backstab at times cause my ass is squishy.

thanks
Large Marglar
Old 03-07-2012, 04:20 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearyxTZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was doing much more damage
Aggro has nothing to do with damage, just fyi.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Closed Thread