Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 10:50 AM
Kobold

Last night I went to youtube to watch compilations of hints throughout the GoT seasons that suggest Rhaegar + Lyanna = Jon.

More info about Rhaegar:
http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Rhaegar_Targaryen
Old 06-27-2016, 11:07 AM
Banned

I have been on vacation for the last 10 days so I just caught up last night on the last 2 episodes. Bastard Bowl might be my favorite episode of any show ever. Like #1 on the list of best piece of TV I have ever seen. Battle of Winterfell was epic, Danny wrecking faces was epic, the entire thing was f#cking amazing and exactly what I was hoping I would see.

Targaryans apparently give all their children Dragon eggs when they are born, and the dragon and child bond while in the crib with one another. So the theory goes that Ned Stark hid Jons dragon egg in the crypts of Winterfell so that when an appropriate time came, he could tell Jon his true heritage… Now that Jon is confirmed Targaryan – I leave you with this bit from the books.

"Sometimes I dream about it," he said. "I'm walking down this long empty hall. My voice echoes all around, but no one answers, so I walk faster, opening doors, shouting names. I don't even know who I'm looking for. Most nights it's my father, but sometimes it's Robb instead, or my little sister Arya, or my uncle." The thought of Benjen Stark saddened him; his uncle was still missing.
[...]
"Do you ever find anyone in your dream?" Sam asked.
Jon shook his head. "No one. The castle is always empty." He had never told anyone of the dream, and he did not understand why he was telling Sam now, yet somehow it felt good to talk of it. "Even the ravens are gone from the rookery, and the stables are full of bones. That always scares me. I start to run then, throwing open doors, climbing the tower three steps at a time, screaming for someone, for anyone. And then I find myself in front of the door to the crypts. It's black inside, and I can see the steps spiraling down. Somehow I know I have to go down there, but I don't want to. I'm afraid of what might be waiting for me. The old Kings of Winter are down there, sitting on their thrones with stone wolves at their feet and iron swords across their laps, but it's not them I'm afraid of. I scream that I'm not a Stark, that this isn't my place, but it's no good, I have to go anyway, so I start down, feeling the walls as I descend, with no torch to light the way. It gets darker and darker, until I want to scream." He stopped, frowning, embarassed. "That's when I always wake," (AGOT, 258-9).

TLDR – INCOMING LADY VOX
Old 06-27-2016, 12:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drayc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But he didn't kidnap her or rape her. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"While in the Riverlands, Lyanna was kidnapped by Rhaegar with the help of half a dozen companions, including Arthur Dayne and Oswell Whent. Rhaegar carried her off to Dorne and raped her. "

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/...f_Lyanna_Stark
Old 06-27-2016, 12:42 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Truthbearer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"While in the Riverlands, Lyanna was kidnapped by Rhaegar with the help of half a dozen companions, including Arthur Dayne and Oswell Whent. Rhaegar carried her off to Dorne and raped her. "

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/...f_Lyanna_Stark
She ran off with him because they loved each other. Rhaegar was loved by the people because he was actually a good guy, there are many instances in the books and the show where people talk about Rhaegar and how people loved him because he was a good person. History is written by the winners, its not always truth just like Ned being Jon's father.
Old 06-27-2016, 12:53 PM
Fire Giant

The KING IN THE NORTH
Old 06-27-2016, 01:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Truthbearer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Daenerys is actually Jon's aunt.

The history to everything is never clearly explained in the show, but TLDR version is there used to be a mad king named Aerys Targaryen who was Rhaegar, Dany, and Viserys' dad.

Jonsnow is the product of when Rhaegar kidnaps Ned Stark's sister, Lyanna, and rapes her.
How do we know this from the show though? It wasn't clear. Who did Young Ned fight outside of his sisters tower? Was that Rhaegar? Rhaegar's kings guard?
Old 06-27-2016, 01:20 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do we know this from the show though? It wasn't clear. Who did Young Ned fight outside of his sisters tower? Was that Rhaegar? Rhaegar's kings guard?
Rhaegar was killed at the trident by Robert Baratheon. Ned fought Arthur Dayne and some of the other kings guard.

It was as clear as they are going to make it. Rhaegar and Lyanna loved each other and that is what a lot of this is about. They Lyanna got pregnant and Rhaegar went off to what he thought was win the war, he left his most trusted kingsguard behind to protect Lyanna and his unborn child. He knew that if Robert had gotten to the tower he would have killed everyone involved including the child.

It has been the dark secret that Ned has kept.

So yes Jon being Rhaegars child would make Daenerys Jons aunt
Old 06-27-2016, 01:23 PM
Banned

crazy
Old 06-27-2016, 02:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Flair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not sure if teleports, or different parts of story aren't necessarily taking place concurrently

Surely the amount of time to get together all dany's army and ready ships would have been many weeks. Then again, the time it would have taken to get all those lords together at Winterfell would have been weeks as well.

Come to think of it, all parts of the story were taking jumps in time from one scene to the next.
The parts don't take place concurrently. It is about 600 miles from Winterfell to Castle Black. So a few episodes back when Jon & Co. were riding around the north they would have spent weeks, if not months, traveling around to the various houses. There is no real indicator how much time passes between the various scenes. The events that happened in King's Landing at the beginning of this episode could have happened even before the Battle of the Bastards.

In this episode we get a shot of Varys in Dorne and by the end of it he is on Daenerys' ship. If you look at the various ships in the last few minutes there is at least one Dornish ship with the fleet. So enough time passed from Varys being in Dorne for him to sail back and hook back up with Daenerys. But again because we don't know the exact time line Varys could have left Meereen weeks before the slavers attacked and the events at King's Landing could have happened that same night giving him plenty of time to make his way to Dorne to set up a meeting between Ellaria and Olenna. The whole reason Varys left Meereen could have even been because of what happened in King's Landing and he saw an opportunity to gather more allies for Daenerys.

You could spend days speculating about what happens when and arrive at a lot of seemingly correct conclusions.
Old 06-27-2016, 06:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The parts don't take place concurrently. It is about 600 miles from Winterfell to Castle Black. So a few episodes back when Jon & Co. were riding around the north they would have spent weeks, if not months, traveling around to the various houses. There is no real indicator how much time passes between the various scenes. The events that happened in King's Landing at the beginning of this episode could have happened even before the Battle of the Bastards.

In this episode we get a shot of Varys in Dorne and by the end of it he is on Daenerys' ship. If you look at the various ships in the last few minutes there is at least one Dornish ship with the fleet. So enough time passed from Varys being in Dorne for him to sail back and hook back up with Daenerys. But again because we don't know the exact time line Varys could have left Meereen weeks before the slavers attacked and the events at King's Landing could have happened that same night giving him plenty of time to make his way to Dorne to set up a meeting between Ellaria and Olenna. The whole reason Varys left Meereen could have even been because of what happened in King's Landing and he saw an opportunity to gather more allies for Daenerys.

You could spend days speculating about what happens when and arrive at a lot of seemingly correct conclusions.
If nothing else, at least Varys could have changed his clothes.
Closed Thread