Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 02:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardalicious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you daft? For 6 years you couldn't touch a login server account without knowing the password. Should I have predicted the future somehow to know they'd change the system out of the blue?
That's the risk you took. Sure, it was unlikely, but you sold the EMU with other accounts tied to it. You gambled and you lost. Sucks, but it is what it is.
Old 08-11-2014, 02:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then what were you hoping to accomplish with this thread? I would take Cloki up on his offer for sure right now. You're going to want to come back at some point, most likely whenever Velious is live if nothing else. Save yourself the tears and get it done right now. Cloki is offering you your bard back, and you get a chance to reroll a cleric starting at 49 with the exact same gear you left with? Don't be stupid dude, take that offer.
Old 08-11-2014, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

After much deliberation I think there's one solution in all our minds...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-11-2014, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then what were you hoping to accomplish with this thread? I would take Cloki up on his offer for sure right now. You're going to want to come back at some point, most likely whenever Velious is live if nothing else. Save yourself the tears and get it done right now. Cloki is offering you your bard back, and you get a chance to reroll a cleric starting at 49 with the exact same gear you left with? Don't be stupid dude, take that offer.
He's offering my bard back, but he will always know the password and be able to access it at all times, or steal it back (again). It may sound stupid, but I have no interest in making a new cleric when I can't have my old name. And especially don't have interest in continuing to play here after the complete disinterest in helping shown by Deru.

Thanks for making it so much easier to walk away from this community Pan, Deru, etc.
Old 08-11-2014, 02:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardalicious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He's offering my bard back, but he will always know the password and be able to access it at all times, or steal it back (again). It may sound stupid, but I have no interest in making a new cleric when I can't have my old name. And especially don't have interest in continuing to play here after the complete disinterest in helping shown by Deru.

Thanks for making it so much easier to walk away from this community Pan, Deru, etc.
too many whiners on the box already imo. don't let the door hit you on the way out
Old 08-11-2014, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

http://psychcentral.com/lib/the-5-st...d-grief/000617

I think you should step away from p99 for at least a week or so. You're pretty much going through all of these stages in front of a large amount of people that don't really care that much about your situation.

Anyone would be frustrated after putting years of work into characters, but you probably should step away from the computer so you cannot make your melt down public.
Old 08-11-2014, 02:38 PM
Sarnak

This thread is a perfect example of why account sales were bad. People sold their info and then regret selling it. Then they try to get the info back by stealing it from whoever they sold it to.
Old 08-11-2014, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

You're going to want to play here again at some point. If you take the offer for the cleric, at the very least, then at least you'll have that. If not, then when you do decide to come back, you'll have nothing. I would take the offer for the cleric, even if I never touched it again for months or years.
Old 08-11-2014, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Nah, I don't care to play here any more, especially under a new name. Perhaps that was the end goal desired by Deru anyways. GJ pal, you won.

I truly hope nobody else here has to lose as much as I have, it's deplorable how little compassion this community and its' GMs have. You guys really deserve each other.
The problem worked itself out without GM intervention after all.

Oh...btw...don't share your account information. if you do you turn into Bardalicious. if you bought an account (when it was still allowed) I suggest you make certain you actually have 100% control of those toons.

As for Bardalicious, I hear Kegz is starting up a great server any day now.
Old 08-11-2014, 02:44 PM
Sarnak

I agree this thread was a terrible idea. Sorry for your loss as I'm sure we can all appreciate the passion you have for your characters, but burning Deru and making a scene will get you no where. At the end of the day, they don't have to help us with issues like this and it's really not fair to get angry at them about it. Just be thankful when they do and move along. I've been dealing with an account issue that I created by trusting the wrong person. It's taking months to hash out and they may never fix it for me (sure hope they do), but why get mad at them for me fucking up? Doesn't make sense.

Moral of the story: If you give even 1 shit about your stuff, don't share it. I know I learned my lesson.
Closed Thread