Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 12:24 PM
Banned

Default I hate this perma-camping shit

The camping rules are so much like WoW that its turning me off the game. In the beginning i didnt care because i was all about seeing stuff i didnt see. But thats mostly done now. I will roll a necro once Kunark hits so that will entertain me for another while.

But back to this camping shit.

The way things are, you can just sit at a mob, like the best Lguk mobs, and kill till you get tired of it. Then you pass the torch to someone in your guild.

So basically, in theory, once a guild has got a lockdown on the best mobs in the game, if they dont fuck-up, they can camp it for months, and if you try to stop them from doing that, youll get banned.

Just the fact that people are suggesting calendars for raid mobs is making me chuckle in my head to no end.

I dont have the pretense of having a solution to it, although if i had to cut, id make it FFA. So im posting here instead of polluting the threads of people that try to be constructive in server chat. Also, all these fucking babies ruining the constructive threads in server chat makes me wish this was a pvp server.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:31 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I personally feel camps should be abolished, making it first come first serve, first to agro the mob (hey, a use for fraps/screen shots) gets it, every time all the time.

But too many bluebie faggots play on this server for any serious sort of ruleset. It's carebear or gtfo up in here yo.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:37 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

FFA Would mean 2-3 guilds literally sitting on the spawn of a mob.

Then what? The mob spawns, probably aggroes someone automatically right away, and then all 3 guilds go into a kill steal fest for the win? And if/when we do get logs of who actually was on aggro first, we take away the loot, suspend the kill stealing guild, and give it to the guild that was lucky to get first aggro?

How does that make any sense.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 06-17-2010, 12:42 PM
Banned

Nah, the group that gets the loot gets the loot and you leave it at that.

Tru EQ Classic style.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:43 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FFA Would mean 2-3 guilds literally sitting on the spawn of a mob.

Then what? The mob spawns, probably aggroes someone automatically right away, and then all 3 guilds go into a kill steal fest for the win? And if/when we do get logs of who actually was on aggro first, we take away the loot, suspend the kill stealing guild, and give it to the guild that was lucky to get first aggro?

How does that make any sense.
Eh, I suppose your right. At the same time I can't really hate on guilds passing camps from guildie to guildie - if I were in their situation I'd do the exact same thing.

But, culling the population of idiots wouldn't be such a bad idea. Ban instead of suspend imo.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:44 PM
Sarnak

It makes sense because it would only happen a few times before guilds got tired of getting suspended and 'rolling the dice' on who was lucky enough to get first agro. They'd stop camping the spawn because they'd know that camping the spawn was as likely to get you suspended as it was to get you the mob. Yeah, it'd take a hard-core smackdown or two before it stuck, but in the end it would result in less camping.
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah, the group that gets the loot gets the loot and you leave it at that.

Tru EQ Classic style.
Truth!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And then you guys would be right back here bitching about waiting for a mob to spawn and 5 minutes before it does another guild swoops in and happens to have a group that does the most damage.

No matter what system is in place there is always complaints about it.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Aviak

QQ.
I hate to break it to you but the people who put in more effort get more stuff. This is 100% as it was in live. The good news for you is that once Kunark is released the classic content will open up more than it is today and there will be much more new stuff to camp.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:45 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Bumamgar is a fucking developer here?

Wooooooah. At least he has security in knowing his guild won't be getting banned for MQ2 use here.
Closed Thread