Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 07:51 AM
Orc

Default ogre or troll shaman? starting stats

Starting a shaman alt. Not sure if I want a troll shaman (regen + snare neck) or ogre shaman (higher stats & frontal stun immunity) The shaman will be used for soloing & farming.

Also, should I just all my bonus points in wisdom then sta? not sure what to do with my bonus points.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Old 05-10-2010, 07:57 AM
Banned

Both are great. It's a matter of preference, I can tell you the differences between the two are negigible at 60.

Put your stats into wis and the rest into stam. you can quite easily max out the rest with buffs, and will need to load up on +HP gear anyway.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:15 AM
Planar Protector

About ogre frontal stun immunity...

The stats that ogres/trolls have high (str, sta) aren't that tough to get high up there since you get wicked stats-buffs and eventually gear that provides plenty.

And yea, wis then sta.
If you go troll don't forget to pick Innoruuk as your deity or no necklace for joo. =X
Old 05-10-2010, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

If stun immunity worked i'd say ogre, but as things are i think troll regen might be the most beneficial at the moment.

I enchant things...
Old 05-10-2010, 10:38 AM
Orc

sounds like from reading the link, that frontal stun immunity is now working properly. no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
About ogre frontal stun immunity...

The stats that ogres/trolls have high (str, sta) aren't that tough to get high up there since you get wicked stats-buffs and eventually gear that provides plenty.

And yea, wis then sta.
If you go troll don't forget to pick Innoruuk as your deity or no necklace for joo. =X
Old 05-10-2010, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

Judging from fighting specs that interrupted me 50/50 chance with normal melee... Nope.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Judging from fighting specs that interrupted me 50/50 chance with normal melee... Nope.
Interrupted, or stunned? Just because you have frontal stun immunity doesn't mean you can channel through anything just beating on you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Example, when they bashed you did it say "you have been stunned!"

I don't play an ogre so i have no clue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I enchant things...
Old 05-10-2010, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
with normal melee
Observed it plenty of times; something double-attacks during a round of melee, misses one hit, misses bash/kick, hits once... and I'm interrupted. It doesn't have to be bash. Normal melee does it as well. And it does it awful lot.

Ogres won't get stun messages unless they attack you from behind/sides. The spell doesn't get interrupted (as in cut short while still casting) if you get bashed, but you just get the interrupt-message once finished as if you had moved alot or something. Guess it's to count the whole pushback-thing which doesn't work proper on emu. Backing against a wall won't help, you just get interrupted frequently by normal melee.
Last edited by Brut; 05-10-2010 at 11:40 AM..
Old 05-10-2010, 12:04 PM
Fire Giant

Which is brutal. I can't ever get FD off with more than 1 or 2 mobs on me. Their interrupt chance is ridiculously high thru normal melee, and it hurts BADLY.

Mugatoo <Center For Ants>
45 Iksar Monk

"You can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas."
Old 05-10-2010, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

Pretty sure this is as it's intended. Normal melee always has a chance to interrupt you when casting, i don't know the formulae involved, but it will go against your channeling and some other things probably.

Frontal stun immunity means just that, you won't get stunned ("you have been stunned!"), but interrupting your casting is still possible (I mean, you're an ogre for christ's sake! someone flashes you something shiny should interrupt your casting...)

At higher levels with higher channeling you can probably channel through alot more, where as a darkelf enchanter i can still get stunned by greenies :/

I enchant things...
Closed Thread