Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 11:40 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default What shall i be????

Anyone wanna suggest a easy solo class? (Ive played very little of old Everquest)
Old 06-12-2014, 11:43 AM
Aviak

Necro! They seem to be good solo or in group, go iksar though, and check out the necro guide you can find in the class forums or in here with a search for it.

Everyone will say play what is fun though, but I think all the classes can be fun since to me it is the people and community that make it fun.

But for solo, which seems to infer not to be with people so much, Necro can keep it entertaining!
Old 06-12-2014, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Druid, necromancer, magician are the best options imo. All are strong soloers, with druids kind of having an outdoor emphasis, necros shining indoors thanks to their cool toolkit of spells, and mages being the best choice for just grinding through a bunch of lower-level stuff mindlessly.

Druids get faster movement, teleports, nice buffs, decent nukes and dots, the ability to charm animals, heals, harmony to make pulling easy in outdoor zones, tracking, and some other cool things too. They're a great class for doing a bit of anything and everything in one character, but they aren't considered great at anything when you're looking at them as a duo partner or in a group or a raid.

Necromancers have summoned pets, lifetaps, excellent mana regen, feign death, harmshields, strong dots, undead charms, and more. They are more "powerful" soloers at high level than a druid or mage but lack some of the convenience features of druids (sow, ports, tracking, etc) and can be more difficult to play than a mage. They've got a similar level of usefulness in raids and a stronger role in smaller groups, imo.

Magicians are more of a one trick pony. Their pets are stronger than necro pets and they have pretty good nukes. However, they lack any kind of root, stun, snare, mez, fear, they lack buffs, they lack utility outside of mod rods (groups/raid use only, really) and COTH (primarily used in groups/raids but potentially fun tricks solo). Their lack of CC and utility really hurts, but their pets are strong enough to just chew through stuff that is much lower level than you are.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 06-12-2014 at 11:50 AM..
Old 06-12-2014, 11:53 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks for the advice. Iksar necro i shall be
(btw does someone wanna help me while I level) im really noob
Old 06-12-2014, 12:57 PM
Orc

There are a ton of Iksar Necros running around the Field of Bone - you may try better soloing out in Warsilk, Lake of ill Omen, etc - the other new yards of Cabilis.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:12 PM
Orc

Druid or Wizard so you can easily transport yourself and quad kite when needed.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:18 PM
Aviak

I am Iksar and as Master Race I will help you each evening that I see you with some buffs and whatever drops I have laying around that may help get you started!

Let us know your name once you are in game, this community lacks nothing when it comes to helpful people.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:27 PM
Fire Giant

Tail and Scales Necromancer!

http://wiki.project1999.com/Sesserdr...Strategy_Guide
Old 06-13-2014, 01:39 AM
Decaying Skeleton

For the master race !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-13-2014, 01:40 AM
Decaying Skeleton

My name is Pizzagoat
Closed Thread