Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 09:05 PM
Fire Giant

Bring back Veksar! Bring back Veksar!
Bhear Ghrillz - Level 51 Druid - Dial A Port | Oggre - Level 44 Warrior | Revenance Vampirus - Level 40 Necromancer | Mottley Crue - Level 30 Rogue | Renovatio - Level 3 Cleric | Abradolf Lincler - Level 40 Cleric | Drowning - Level 35 Enchanter | Oradan Omnipotent - Level 57 Magician | Chubbz Zilla - Level 40 Monk - Scaled Brotherhood
Old 04-29-2015, 09:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At the risk of sounding like an idiot, you're going to have to help me with that one. Something to do with music?

If Nexus portals to wiz spires had been instant I think they'd have overstepped it, but as it was there was a 10-15 minute wait time for them to activate? Not too much shorter than a wait for a boat. Not excusing that it was badly implemented, but expecting people to get off the moon unaided was a bit much I think, especially for casual players or anyone new to the game.
here you go Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WTdTwcmxyo

Also, porters have always been an alternative way of travel to a primary way - like boats. How else would we get to the moon??? Gnomish Rocket Ship?

[Zuranthium;1453395]
The people who invented the first space ships were brilliant. That doesn't mean anybody should actually want to use them 200 years later. Ideas are limited by means of execution. Everquest has amazing ideas that need to be completely reworked in their execution, in order for classic Everquest as it was envisioned to actually exist and continue to be relevant as things have evolved.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika Maslyaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
here you go Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WTdTwcmxyo
Thanks, decent tune... devs had taste, never heard of the song or the band before, must be a Murica thing.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:11 PM
Planar Protector

Luclin is the best expansion.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Luclin was a rushed expansion that had ideas that worked and ideas that were rushed to fill slots.

New Race: Could have been good, but Cats bad idea. They just didn't fit.

New Class: Great idea, not well thought out though, took awhile to balance that class out.

Moon Scenario: Potentially a good idea turned into mush. good number of the zones were not populated, Nor did people want to go there.

New Models: Great idea to modernize the game bring the graphics to the standard of the time, poorly executed.

Custom UI's: Great idea. This allowed the community to contribute to the game. Still to this day feel this should have been added earlier.

AA's: Smart idea to keep a player on one character to progress that character further and group more with others. This was also a flaw because certain AA's were not balanced or thought out well for each class.

Monsters: Were either too strong or not balanced right. AC calculations were off.

Itemization: Was sloppy and just thrown together. Don't get me wrong some items were even designed as jokes , if you all remember the Jenniy's Two-tone Cuirass from Greig's. 9,6,7,5,30,9 <-- Stats -_-'

Bazaar: Ugh not even gonna talk about this. Why just why?

Spires: Was not well thought out , why have porting classes and then make this available?

These are my reasons i did not like Luclin, but liked some of the ideas.
I'm just going to counter a lot of these views. I respect your views, and its obvious that some people didn't like Luclin, but I think we should also understand that more people than not did like Luclin, which is obvious from the growth of EQ.

Quote:
New Race: Could have been good, but Cats bad idea. They just didn't fit.
Didn't fit? There is already cat people in the world. I don't really understand how they "didn't fit". If you are referring to just not liking the idea of cats, I agree, cats are terrible, should of been dogs. Seriously though, I thought they looked pretty cool, and aren't really more crazy than lizard people.

Quote:
New Class: Great idea, not well thought out though, took awhile to balance that class out.
Balancing aside, which exists in all mmos and will always exist. The class was fun, it really was. Playing a game, I'm sure people play it for fun, which many people enjoyed from the beastlord class. It also gave another choice of something to play in the amazing EQ universe.

Quote:
Moon Scenario: Potentially a good idea turned into mush. good number of the zones were not populated, Nor did people want to go there.
I somewhat agree. I thought it was great, but a lot of zones were not populated at certain times, that isn't anything new in EQ though. There is zones at certain times even on p99 that don't have a significant amount of people in them. No, not just in the middle of the night either.

Quote:
New Models: Great idea to modernize the game bring the graphics to the standard of the time, poorly executed.
I feel this is kind of irrelevant. Maybe at that time relevant, but irrelevant now. There is obviously games on the market today with far superior graphics to anything EQ. That being said, the graphics in a game is something that I view as very important, but have come to find that people like me are actually a pretty big minority. A lot of people prioritize game play over graphics in there enjoyment in said game or whether to play it or not in general. I do agree though poorly executed, though I like the newer graphics, I hated that everything except weapons started to look the same.

Quote:
Custom UI's: Great idea. This allowed the community to contribute to the game. Still to this day feel this should have been added earlier.
This is not a reason to claim Luclin is bad.

Quote:
AA's: Smart idea to keep a player on one character to progress that character further and group more with others. This was also a flaw because certain AA's were not balanced or thought out well for each class.
One of the greatest ideas imo to ever be developed in a game, and something I wish more WoW type clones would adopt, kind of like the way rift does, more specifically, the paragon system in Diablo 3. I do hate though content designed around AAs and wish AAs were even harder to obtain, but something to make your character surpass content without making said content more trivial then it already was, which I don't really have an answer on how to do, unless AAs were deigned with a difficulty level that the goal is to eventually surpass content.

Quote:
Monsters: Were either too strong or not balanced right. AC calculations were off.
I somewhat agree, I feel it just required more preparation with gear etc. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Quote:
Itemization: Was sloppy and just thrown together. Don't get me wrong some items were even designed as jokes , if you all remember the Jenniy's Two-tone Cuirass from Greig's. 9,6,7,5,30,9 <-- Stats -_-'
A lot more stat vomit started occurring in Luclin, but some would argue that it started happening in Velious. That being said, luclin had a lot of fun gear, and also had Centi Longswords!

Quote:
Bazaar: Ugh not even gonna talk about this. Why just why?
Complaining about the Bazaar is ignorant, not really bad, but I feel either a misunderstanding of human interaction that still commonly existed in not just EQ after the bazaar implementation, but mmorpgs in general that have things like auction houses etc, or just pigging backing off the fact that someone else doesn't like the bazaar, so must be bad. You can post on a forums and make it apparent to everyone what you are selling, but having a character in a zone showing what you are selling is different? It aloud more lively economics because people could not only sell whenever they want, but could buy whenever they wanted. The bazaar was definitely no way a negative impact on the game, and in fact, people who are trying to sell things usually faster, will still be shouting to sell said things just as if they were sitting in ecommons. The bazaar did not completely remove this interaction between players as some so wholeheartedly claim.

Quote:
Spires: Was not well thought out , why have porting classes and then make this available?
You mean those structures that don't take you to as many places as an actual porter? Or the things that have such a long delay that it would be faster to just find someone to port you?
Old 04-29-2015, 11:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At the risk of sounding like an idiot, you're going to have to help me with that one. Something to do with music?

If Nexus portals to wiz spires had been instant I think they'd have overstepped it, but as it was there was a 10-15 minute wait time for them to activate? Not too much shorter than a wait for a boat. Not excusing that it was badly implemented, but expecting people to get off the moon unaided was a bit much I think, especially for casual players or anyone new to the game.
Only portal(s) should have been from Nk or the giant one in DL.

you are kicking yourself in the ass
Old 04-30-2015, 12:03 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliseus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didn't fit? There is already cat people in the world. I don't really understand how they "didn't fit". If you are referring to just not liking the idea of cats, I agree, cats are terrible, should of been dogs. Seriously though, I thought they looked pretty cool, and aren't really more crazy than lizard people.?
Vah Shir were very lore friendly and already established as being the senior cat race that vanished as a result of the Erudite war.

Same with Combine and Shissar, but it started the trend in EQ expacks of finding little relict communities scattered about, especially Combine ones.

Quote:
I somewhat agree. I thought it was great, but a lot of zones were not populated at certain times, that isn't anything new in EQ though. There is zones at certain times even on p99 that don't have a significant amount of people in them. No, not just in the middle of the night either.
The whole dark side of the moon was largely shit and felt badly under itemized and populated.

Katta was the so big it could have been the center city of the ex pack but wound up being a ghost town from the get go with people only going to get the 100 Cha robe.

Quote:
A lot more stat vomit started occurring in Luclin, but some would argue that it started happening in Velious. That being said, luclin had a lot of fun gear, and also had Centi Longswords!
After NTOV I don't see what else they could have done. The ex pack at least had a lot of good lower gear and all gear across the board had personality and appeal. It's probably the thing most people can say they liked or hated the least.

you are kicking yourself in the ass
Old 04-30-2015, 01:01 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
cat people were dumb
bazaar ruined trading
new graphics looked like shit
new ui was dumb
mounts were dumb
porting to nexus was dumb
^^

I never understood, why the moon? That's really jumping the fantasy shark isn't it? I was like, whoa... the moon? It's not like the virtual ocean is going to run out of space for another continent.
Old 04-30-2015, 09:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Luclin is the best expansion.
Here, here, best post on here in 2 years. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I loved it. Velious about the worse.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:32 PM
Fire Giant

There were things I loved about Luclin (Beastlords and AAs) and there were things I hated about it (new models, And nearly every zone and the textures they used)

I'd love to have Beastlords and AAs somehow implemented way down the road on p1999
Closed Thread