Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 12:30 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default LF Mana Guide

First off, I love the server and thank everyone for providing an invaluable experience.

I'm wondering if there are any mana management guides out there. I've been searching, but haven't found much information on the Interwebs on how to regenerate mana quickly in classic EQ. I'm currently leveling a level 17 druid and I'm wondering if I should be managing my mana differently or if I should expect very long downtimes. Is the answer to simply conserve and then meditate (a lot)? Other than basic water and food, it doesn't look like there's much else I can do unless a chanter is in the area. I'm starting to learn more that the key is to only use the spells I really need - is that the right direction? I'm concerned that downtime is only going to dramatic increase in the future.

Any pointers appreciated, thanks!
Old 01-15-2013, 12:34 AM
Aviak

YUP, thats the way it is, mana is a resource to be conserved...and yes downtime is a part of it.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:46 AM
Orc

If you ever played classic EQ you can remember this... many players coming over from live are spoiled with mana regen items and the new resting boost.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:53 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

okay i thought so. i guess i was too young to remember. so, what is considered "long" downtime for a druid?
Old 01-15-2013, 12:56 AM
Sarnak

its like 7-8 mins to regen full mana isnt it?
Old 01-15-2013, 01:12 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

it hurts!
Old 01-15-2013, 01:41 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

*Contemplates the life of an Enchanter...*
Old 01-15-2013, 01:57 AM
Planar Protector

if you want to get really hardcore about it, you can try to only cast between server tics. what i mean is, every 6(?) seconds there is a check to regen some hp and mana. if you are sitting, you get more than if standing. so if you are sitting for the check, stand to cast, and then sit before the next cast, you get more mana then if you cast during one of those checks.

another tip is to learn to use regen when you get it. while the first level regen doesn't last very long, it is a very effecient way of healing yourself over time when you are taking some damage but your life isn't in immediate danger.

at higher levels a druid can reliably root/rot a single mob while staying at nearly a consistent mana level (without a manastone or anything), or you can take the route of quad kite 4 mobs, then sit afk in a safe spot for 7-8minutes and come back to do it again. nice way to level while getting small chores done.

but you also had it right when you said only cast what you need to. use heals/regen as needed. dont bother healing yourself if you are just going to be medding anyway, since your hp will regen naturally as well from sitting, etc.

good luck and welcome
Old 01-15-2013, 02:24 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

thanks for the info! i'll practice sync'ing with the server tics. i'll also lookup these manastone things
Old 01-15-2013, 02:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by robite234 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i'll also lookup these manastone things
I wouldn't worry about that for another 40 levels or so.