Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > NPC Bugs

Old 05-06-2024, 10:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not entirely sure, but I think earth elementals cast a different root than the normal spell casting root seen by players and normal NPCs. Something like ElementalRoot?

Its plausible if this is true that perhaps some npc pets are using a spell that is flagged unresistable or extremely high -MR check.

OP seems to be talking about a level 17 NPC earth pet always landing root on a level 57 player. I imagine this is not correct or maybe evidence exists that elemental pet roots were unresistable.

OP: suggest posting a log snippet of just letting this pet melee you and showing the successful root or resist messages. Just afk for 5 mins or something.
Give it up dude, the white knights don't give a &^%$ what evidence you provide, NPC earth pets on a level 4 can root a level 60 PC 95% of the time and its classic lol
Old 05-07-2024, 02:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rader [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Give it up dude, the white knights don't give a &^%$ what evidence you provide, NPC earth pets on a level 4 can root a level 60 PC 95% of the time and its classic lol
I’ve found when i can provide evidence of how things were in classic and evidence of how the emulation differs to that then there are good chances changes will be made.

I’ve found whinging achieves nothing. No one is stanning for npc mage pets. I’m encouraging people to research classic and acquire reproducible evidence to support the changes they believe ahould be made.

“Pics or it didn’t happen”

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 05-07-2024, 10:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ve found when i can provide evidence of how things were in classic and evidence of how the emulation differs to that then there are good chances changes will be made.

I’ve found whinging achieves nothing. No one is stanning for npc mage pets. I’m encouraging people to research classic and acquire reproducible evidence to support the changes they believe ahould be made.

Don't drink and spell and EQ
Old 05-08-2024, 05:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rader [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't drink and spell and EQ
'whinging' is British english. Stanning seems to be legit slang in the Oxford dictionary. The last one is a typo though.
Old 05-08-2024, 08:52 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This isnt true. There are alot of aspects of the game the devs decided to change based on how they felt it should be. IE Mage Epic Earth Staffs. I have posted in era evidence of the rarity of that staff on live compared to P99 and its not even close.

Same can be said about ranger Shatter emerald of corruption.

Why the devs decided they to make Ranger and Mage epics so difficult to finish is beyond me, but its definitely not classic.
Old 05-08-2024, 09:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsten_Tx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This isnt true. There are alot of aspects of the game the devs decided to change based on how they felt it should be. IE Mage Epic Earth Staffs. I have posted in era evidence of the rarity of that staff on live compared to P99 and its not even close.

Same can be said about ranger Shatter emerald of corruption.

Why the devs decided they to make Ranger and Mage epics so difficult to finish is beyond me, but its definitely not classic.
Did they change it, or did they just implement it wrong from the start?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 05-08-2024, 04:37 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Did they change it, or did they just implement it wrong from the start?
I joined P99 after velious launch so no idea. From my understanding it's been that way ever since hate 2.0 launched.