Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 02:59 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssleeve [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fuck you, if Rogean is sick of running these servers and wants to do other shit I can understand that.

But they refined this server off of EMU code some one else provided.

Why not give back to that same community and provide code so someone else can pick up the classic EQ project and improve the code and interact with the community like they used to.
thanx 4 the share

problem is alot bigger than an inc patch
Old 02-12-2012, 03:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So the solution to the problem is that people who have spent weeks of /played leveling to 50 and getting themselves geared etc should seek out random fucking lowbies and power level them? lol.

you're either dumb or trolling, but im not getting into verbal fistacuffs with such a stupid proposition.

And for the reasons above you'll realize why Amelinda is actually hurting the players she so proudly tries to represent. Most people take like 15-18 days /played to hit 50 at this point, if she keeps advocating ppl to waste their time like this with devs who've already hit the road then she deserves to be thrown under the bus.
Not saying you have to PL them but at least interact with them in some way as alts or something relevant.

I have already leveled multiple toons to the mid 30s on this server and rerolled because the guilds I was with would all dissolve and the members would quit.

With my newest character I realized there is just no one to interact with period.

No one to pvp, no one to talk to, no one to group with. I play EQ because I like the old style MMOs require interaction and coordination from other people unlike the new "Do everything your self" style MMOs.

When there is no one to interact with, why the fuck would a new player play. I'm not saying people who have already been playing have an obligation to help or group with newbs.

But if you care about fresh blood on your server that's probably the best thing you can do to help them stay.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:06 AM
Banned

Apparently you think its the responsbility of emperors like myself to go around having conversations with everyone on the server or something?

shit you act llike the same shi happened to you hasn't happened to holocaust... most of my original crew stopped playing back in early december bro so you wont get simpathy fromthe big guy

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-12-2012, 03:11 AM
Banned

It's not about me, it's about people on this server (majority who STILL play being high level) to interact with the mid-to-low level people in order to keep people from quitting the server.

It would be ideal for staff interaction/involvement to be the main catalyst for population retention, but since that isn't happening someone needs to step up.

Myself and Samwise have tried starting a newbie friendly guild for people new to the server, but we can't be on all the time.

I have personally seen people join the server have a blast until the late teens until the population runs dry, then have no one to interact with (friend or foe) and quit.
Last edited by Ssleeve; 02-12-2012 at 03:14 AM..
Old 02-12-2012, 03:12 AM
Banned

so you want people whove spent from 15 to 43+ FULL DAYS /played to spend even more grooming a bunch of lvl 10-30 players who will end up quitting anyways, aka MORE TIME for what? devs gave up bro this thing is done
Old 02-12-2012, 03:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so you want people whove spent from 15 to 43+ FULL DAYS /played to spend even more grooming a bunch of lvl 10-30 players who will end up quitting anyways, aka MORE TIME for what? devs gave up bro this thing is done
I was putting out ideas to save the "current" server, I'm not blaming high level players.

I'm talking about picking up the slack for lack of staff involvement "if" you wanted the server to survive.

I also said "if" the staff doesn't feel like being involved any more since it was just a hobby they could give back by providing the source code they have refined.

I really hope one of these three things happen:

1. Server staff gets much more involved and population bounces back (unlikely)

2. Dedicated players get involved and population bounces back (highly unlikely)

3. Staff admit they aren't as enthusiastic as before, take credit for HUGE contributions to the "Classic EQ EMU code" and provide source code for someone who does want to be involved with the community to do so. (extremely unlikely)

These are sad times (unless your RMT'ing on P99 blue)........
Last edited by Ssleeve; 02-12-2012 at 03:27 AM..
Old 02-12-2012, 03:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentalCowtipper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stealin don't feed the animals. You know better [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

They're just in a panic their server population is fading into nothingness. They want to stir up any drama, any posts, anything at all that can get people thinking about red as opposed to blue. It used to be 2:1 blue to red population when red launched. Then it went down to 3:1 in a hurry.
Nowadays Im not surprised to see 5:1 population most nights.

EQ was not designed as a PvP game. Most of the PvP is fucked and pretty unbalanced. Thats the reason why there were only a couple of PvP servers when there were 30+ other servers running on live. The EQ community, even back then, acknowledged EQ is not a good PvP game by simple supply/demand of PvP servers.

The problem with these red fanatics is they played EQ during their teens (mostly) and have nostalgic memories of playing EQ PvP. Its amazing what nostalgia will sometimes do to people.

In a couple months there will be 50 or 60 people average (if that) and that is about where I suspect the sever population will stabilize around. If you look at other emu servers a population of 50 or 60 is sustainable.. just not much fun for the participants.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:28 AM
Orc

Cast you've only posted stuff like burn it down, sever is done, ect.. about 20 different times today! It seems at this pont you are just bitter and want nothing more than to drive away any potential new players by making them think things are alot worse than they actually are. If you hate it so much why don't you just not play it, or at least not post so much negative shit. Everyone understands how you feel about it.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kluya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cast you've only posted stuff like burn it down, sever is done, ect.. about 20 different times today! It seems at this pont you are just bitter and want nothing more than to drive away any potential new players by making them think things are alot worse than they actually are. If you hate it so much why don't you just not play it, or at least not post so much negative shit. Everyone understands how you feel about it.
youre right things are great, sub100 pop, GMs who are more busy playing star wars time then able to write a post on their own forums in two weeks time, and a mexican burrito eating idiot has taken over my forums
Old 02-12-2012, 03:30 AM
Banned

I never played EQ PvP back on live.

But playing on this server has shown me how much more dynamic PvP can make stale old boring ass EQ (still the best MMO i have ever played).

I hate to see it go to waste because it had the unfortunate timing of being released simultaneously when the P99 developers also got burned out after years of providing content for ungrateful whiny P99 raiders who constantly used MQ and SEQ while also RMT'ing shit instead of letting smaller guilds get a shot at mobs.

This classic EQ EMU community as a whole is shit, it really makes me disappointed. This is the most interactive dealing with people-iest (if that makes sense) MMO ever.

All the new gay MMO's are do everything yourself and I can't stand them. Is there no way we can come together and not exploit, not be selfish, and not make this server/community suck ass?
Last edited by Ssleeve; 02-12-2012 at 03:36 AM..
Closed Thread