Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

I would help test raid content if beta buff worked and someone organized times.

Otherwise I am pretty much useless for beta testing. I am prob not only one in this category. I would suggest just giving a fast beta buff setup...either steal the best p99 gear per class or just give a full Kael armor, etc to betabuffers to get them raid ready.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaunja [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would love to help beta test velious. Im new to server though and main is only level 32. If I could use a premade 60 to help test, im more than happy to participate and help expedite the release of Velious. The sooner its released, the sooner the raid scene can move forward and alleviate the top heavy bottleneck. If any GM read this....
Or you could post on the forums, get a group together and head over to Crystal Caverns or TOFS. There's no reason that people who aren't level 60 can't help test Velious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone know if ToV is going to be open now or was that just this weekend?
<Divinity>
Old 04-21-2014, 12:05 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via Yahoo to Dragonmist

Look at it this way Rogean at least they cant ban you for cheating! LOLz

I say go for it!

Old 04-21-2014, 12:14 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

in 3 hours of raid testing temple of veeshan the raid forces got basically no where.. either they were intentionally acting retarded or they are the biggest lemmings in the world. If they plan to play like that on launch, it's gonna be a while until anything is killed.

We left the zone up. Raiding guilds should schedule themselves to see if they can get anywhere on their own. If they don't want to do it alone, coordinate with another guild. Forcing the guilds together just made things worse, from my own observations as well as feedback from the guild leaderships.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 04-21-2014, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
in 3 hours of raid testing temple of veeshan the raid forces got basically no where.. either they were intentionally acting retarded or they are the biggest lemmings in the world. If they plan to play like that on launch, it's gonna be a while until anything is killed.

We left the zone up. Raiding guilds should schedule themselves to see if they can get anywhere on their own. If they don't want to do it alone, coordinate with another guild. Forcing the guilds together just made things worse, from my own observations as well as feedback from the guild leaderships.
We had just got done with like 15 hours of raiding. Pls move spawns to wednesday.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-21-2014, 12:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I don't have a problem with implementing a beta buff, However.. Buffing level and skills is relatively easy but populating your inventory with all the necessary gear would take longer to set up. This would need to include all necessary inventory clickies as well, spell book stuff, etc.

Even if someone provided a list of everything needed I'd still have to go through and create the base characters, summon the items, mem the spells. This could easily take half a day or more.

I could cheat though and just rip the best geared character on live from each class...
The question is, would this actually benefit the server(s), or just accommodate some players so they can have fun?

I still fail to see why super buffing and populating inventories with uber equipment is going to solve anything. If encounters need to be tested, they need to be tested - doesn't matter what items you possess. Nor would giving out equipment make people want to spend hours upon hours trying to identify glitches in raid content (which this is all it's about, let's be honest with ourselves), instead they'll forget all about that and just get caught up in the moment of whatever they are doing.

If staff really want bugs found, they need to get a set of dedicated volunteers (and if that means incentives given out, then do so), and then they and the players go through encounter by encounter.

And if staff don't care about the bugs, then launch the expansion and let's see what happens.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanan
Eh, personally speaking, I don't want to spend my time testing content I'm never going to see when it goes live.
This is inverted thinking imo: one of the advantages of beta is experiencing content that will be super contested when Velious goes live. IMO there are four really good reasons to play on beta:
  • Helping support a free project
  • It's not Kunark
  • Experiencing content that will be extremely contested on live
  • Gaining a tactical advantage for when Velious is actually released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean
You are hugely underestimating the issues with coordinating among multiple guilds (that don't like each other very much). For example, I fucked up and trained the raid on Raev. I thought some mechanics had changed, so I went back and single pulled Eashan's guards solo the next day.

Also, I don't think giving everyone full Vulak loot is really the answer, but some quest armor vendors would be nice. Say full dwarf armor, even, just so that people can get past the basics. If you want to give people incentives to play on Beta, then offer guises or something to people who find the most bugs.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Last edited by Splorf22; 04-21-2014 at 01:32 PM..
Old 04-21-2014, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaleesi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still fail to see why super buffing and populating inventories with uber equipment is going to solve anything. If encounters need to be tested, they need to be tested - doesn't matter what items you possess.
Well, but you cannot effectively test at least some encounters without good enough equipment. Part of testing Tunare, for instance, is actually killing her.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaleesi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still fail to see why super buffing and populating inventories with uber equipment is going to solve anything. If encounters need to be tested, they need to be tested - doesn't matter what items you possess.
Going to have to disagree very strongly here. Some encounters can't be tested without a certain level of gear. Additionally, stronger gear would help players kill more mobs, and therefore identify more pathing issues, more bugs, more npcs not working correctly, etc etc.
Closed Thread