Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 05:45 AM
Sarnak

Default Planning groups for dungeons before logging in.

Hi there,
i want to start something where people can go and look for a group.
Specially for dungeons. Its better to get good groups going before you go in. Outside groups can be more random and need less planning.
During the last few days I was a lot in befallen and met some nice people there.
Now comes the BUT:
Its always hard work to get a group together, /lfg not always works because people are soloing or just didn’t put it up.
On the other hand: asking people directly after searching needed classes often gives a positive response and people start traveling to join in. Still this is very time consuming and if people drip in from time to time someone maybe has to leave already.
Also people are /lfg all over Norrath and can’t come to join if they have to travel such long distances first.
Eg. : Befallen group is looking for more, the needed class is sitting in crushbone.
Either way would travelling take to long time.
Probably it is possible to make dates here and meet together and travel together.
Like: Then and then let’s do runnyeye
Needed buffs are already up (like SoW probably) and someone maybe knows the best way or NPCs better to avoid and so on, preventing people from dying on the way there.
Or how plan where to bind nearby to avoid long CRs after a wipe or whatever tips somebody has before we start.
Read the maps or check if there is loot someone wants and how to get it.
I am not sure if it is possible to manage it via Forum and how many player actually use it. Also many people only have alts in low level range and mostly play their mains but I wanted to give it a try.
Dungeons are a great part of the game and i really enjoy them (not from the beginning, after my first times in Guk I was sure I would never play dungeons in EQ).
Others may think the same but they need a bit planning and many people have a RL or worse: a family /JK
Those things are much more important and time consuming (in a positive way)
So maybe others may find it more important to better plan our online time to not just sitting around waiting. Do more fun stuff together and good balanced groups and maybe get some nice loots.
Not to have a ping pong between runnyeye, befallen, najena and guk where people are lfg but never enough at one spot.
How should this be done? I vote open a thread with a wish and see if someone wants to join in. if it seems there are enough people interested the event will take place.
After that, the thread can die.

I don’t know if there are costum chat channels in game for specific level.
That would help also to find groups but still no planning before.

I am sure someone had this idea before and the reason it’s not taking place is because it wasn’t working to well.
Maybe someone more experienced on P99 can say something if it makes no sense to put effort in this.
Remember: We lowlvels have longer travel times. So better planning makes sense. After i got all my portal spells its much easier to travel spontaniously.
/raises her fist caus we lowbees must stick together to grow in Norrath, this harsh environment

Asmodina - Level 39 Wizard << blue >>
Corvinia - Level 51 Druid << green >>
Old 06-04-2018, 05:53 AM
Planar Protector

i tried to finish but i couldnt

put some spaces between your paragraphs or something sheesh

theres never been more porters than there are now, its takes two minutes to get anywhere on Norrath

do u want PoK books or something ??
Old 06-04-2018, 06:09 AM
Fire Giant

I believe there was a lfg forum at one point, but it wasn't used enough to keep around?

Either way, welcome to classic. The thing about classic servers was the zones were so crowded that finding a group wasn't the problem - it was finding mobs to kill that was the problem. I remember the highkeep basement was 4 camps - lookouts, guard room, warrior room, and raiders. Hell, wizards were probably a decent group class back then because they could be relied on to burn mobs down quickly speeding up exp.
Old 06-04-2018, 07:01 AM
Sarnak

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan D [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i tried to finish but i couldnt

theres never been more porters than there are now, its takes two minutes to get anywhere on Norrath

do u want PoK books or something ??
But for myself: I can't afford money or donations for a porter and i don't wan't to ask them do it for free.

I was a Wizard and i know what lots of work it was forming raids and don't want to ask porters to drive newbes around all the time on by one.

Specially when they are here and there and dripping in like i wrote above.
Ah, i see, you didn't read.

Why are you answering then?

And it has nothing to do with PoK-Books wich you would know if you would have read.
I do enjoy travelling.

Somebody said once: if you don't have anything to say, say nothing.

I was just trying to ask if somebody is interested in this. Something constructive would have been nicer.

@Doil_Boil,
yes i remember that.
Camp checks everywhere and answers like:
lord - camped, frenzied - camped, king - camped.
Thats why i thought this could be helpful, even if i wouldn't wonder that not enough people are on the forum to keep this running.
At least it is a try.

And something to do during lunch break [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Asmodina - Level 39 Wizard << blue >>
Corvinia - Level 51 Druid << green >>
Old 06-04-2018, 10:37 AM
Kobold

He let you know your text formatting needs work, it is indeed very hard to read your first post.

That being said, there is a #lfg channel on the Discord. It's not too widely used, but it's better than nothing.

[Famalin Wisdomseed - High Elf Wizard - Quellious - 99 to 01]
Old 06-04-2018, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinistria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah, i see, you didn't read.

Why are you answering then?

And it has nothing to do with PoK-Books wich you would know if you would have read.
I do enjoy travelling.

Somebody said once: if you don't have anything to say, say nothing.

I was just trying to ask if somebody is interested in this. Something constructive would have been nicer.
Just like in real life, if you say something like a crazy person, it won't matter what it is you are actually saying: most people won't listen.

Your original post had 578 words, but if you boil it down the actual point was only 11 words: "hey let's start a way to form groups for obscure dungeons." Even worse, your post lacked basic English conventions for punctuation, sentence structure, whitespace, etc. Even forgetting how much you wrote, the way you wrote it makes it really hard for people to read.

So, as I see it you have three options:
  1. get upset at the people telling you (albeit rudely) that your post is hard to read
  2. try to appreciate at how hard your post was for other people to read, and as a result write more readable posts in the future
  3. follow Jakerees and Melon and deliberately write in a stream of consciousness style with no formatting ... but get really good at it, write content so compelling that people read it in spite of the difficulty ... and accept that a lot of people still won't bother to read 30 lines of text with no paragraphs no matter how good they are.

EDIT: I just noticed that it says "Location: Germany" under your name; is English your second language?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 06-04-2018 at 11:20 AM..
Old 06-04-2018, 11:22 AM
Fire Giant

So pubg has a discord server in which you can quickly find pick up duos or groups. Why not make a p99 LFG server. Could be for any level at any place or even pre-game group set up.

Dont use discord? Why noy it's free and pretty easy to use.
Old 06-04-2018, 12:08 PM
Kobold

If you really want to experience dungeons regularly, you should consider making a static group. Find a set of people who generally play around the same time you do, and want to experience the game the same way. It doesn't have to be exactly six people, or perfectly balanced, don't be afraid to get creative with how you structure it, and you can always will in gaps with guildees or random lfg people. It's easier if you find a guild with a group of people around your level but it isn't necessary.
Old 06-04-2018, 03:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perissh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There already is one, and someone pointed that out 2 posts above yours.
yeah its one channel on a discord almost nobody really uses, or advertises.

This is a whole discord dedicated to LFG, has multiple channels for different purposes and is regularly advertised.
Old 06-04-2018, 03:33 PM
Banned

Make a p99 lfg discord and post a new thread
Closed Thread